Forum Maintenance Period (08/05/24) ×

Merge Models

VulcanB2

Hi,

Sorry if I missed this already, but is it possible to get the turret-less external model mated with the 40s internal model? I wouldn't break anything if I did this?

IIRC there is no turret-less model with the 40s autopilot, etc..

I'm happy editing cfg files if needed and realize this would be 100% unsupported.

I'd like the turret-less exterior model with the 40s avionics, but I'm not convinced this is possible?? Is the turret as seen in the VC part of the VC model??

If there is a supplied varient already in the configuration (-6A) please let me know.

Best regards,

Robin.

I think the VC is part of the overall 3D model. You'd have to go in there an change it on a basic level, which requires you to have the original development files, which won't happen. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Hi,

In FSX, the external model and VC are seperate files.

It's whether I can mix them and not break anything, whilst seeing the desired effect. :) I suspect that if I can see the turret from the VC, that it will be there regardless of external model.

I think I'll try it anyway.

Best regards,

Robin.

• 3 months later...

Are there any news or tips about this?

I also want the old model VC merged with the civil version.

That would be the perfect combination for me!

Can somebody tell me how to do this... if possible?

And no, I don't blame Aerosoft if sth going wrong, and I don't blame anybody else.

I do this just at my own risk!

thank you very much!

thanks foru your fast reply, Finn... I must have been blind.

I have started the old cat yesterday since a long time and was surprised again what a great addon this is... ;-)

I have an other question, but I better make a new thread.....