an adventure

mjrhealth

Must admit the PBy has being the most fun plane to " try " and fly. Started a flight in christchurch new zealand, oat was 6 deg C, had troubles starting engines, had to keep the rpm up to so they would not die on me. took off and had forgot to open left engine cowl flaps, temp got little high. went to outside view and there is smoke and flames pouring out of it, so i shut it down and as i did the right engines decided it wasnt having any fun so it too gave up the ghost ( no fire ), so there came an exciting glide to the nearest body of water, of course i was trying to toggle the hydraulics switch while plane is bouncing. just manged to get the outside floats partially down before i hit the water, but managed a succesful landing, then did another flight from same spot, this time my left engine just lost power, and so while trying to turn around i met with a rather tall tree, So another news paper story.

He he

It would also have to be the most photogenic plane in my collection too.

• Aerosoft
Great story,

I've had my fair share of flights like that before learning how to manage the engines - Even now after many hours in the air, it's still a challenge to fly - but extremely satisfying at the same time. :)

Make an image next time you burn an engine!