Monaco X and Nice, France (LFMN)

cmpbllsjc

I think that Sim-Wings did a version of LFNM for FS9 and also FranceVFR has a version of LFMN that also covers the Monoco area. However, I am looking for or rather wondering if there is a stand alone version of LFMN that could be used with Monoco X. It is not important to me if the city of Nice is modeled, just looking for the airport. It would be nice to have a good looking version of LFMN for FSX that one could fly heavies into and also take short helicopter flights between LFMN and Monoco's heliports. Thanks for anyone who could point me in the right direction for what I am looking for, or if anyone has info on any developements for an updated version of LFMN for FSX.

Regards.

Edit: I just read on the simFlight Network forum under the simwings tab that Aerosoft is already developing Nice (LFMN) for FSX. Is this true? Here's the link.

http://forums.simflight.com/viewtopic.php?f=112&t=74225

Hello cmpbllsjc,

If Thorsten says it happening then its true.

Oh, well thats good news then. I don't know who Thorsten is. Is he with Aerosoft or Sim-Wings? Or in other words, he is "in the know" and not just speculating on this?

Thanks Shaun.

Edit: Disregard. I looked over on that forum again and see that he is a moderator there and I am assuming from one of his posts that he is with Sim-Wings or is the proprietor. Forgive my ignorance.

However since he says this is being developed by Aerosoft, does Aerosoft have anything to announce regarding this as an upcoming title?

Hello cmpbllsjc,

Thorsten is part of the team there, we distribute a lot of Sim-Wings sceneries at Aerosoft, I'll try to find out if we have anything for Nice though.

Thanks Shaun I really appreciate it. That would be a really nice addition to MonocoX. I have really wanted a LFMN for FSX for a long time, but didn't want to go the FranceVFR route.

Nice Côte d'Azur would definitely be a nice addon!

I Hope Thorsten will have good news for us.

I guess you mean Monaco. ;)

Best regards,

Rafal

Woops. Yeah thats it Monaco, lol

I love Nice!...ive wanted LFMN for a while now....count me in! :) Ive been there many times.... great airport. There are soo many addons im looking forward to this year :lol: . Can't wait.

now only if they made a toronto pearson (cyyz) :blush:

Hello cmpbllsjc,

Thorsten is part of the team there, we distribute a lot of Sim-Wings sceneries at Aerosoft, I'll try to find out if we have anything for Nice though.

Shaun, have you had a chance to find anything out?

Regards,

Sean

Hello Sean,

No sorry, they say they can do some screenshots in about a week as its still WIP.

WIP!! Wow! Finally we will have Nice! Can't wait for the screenies!!

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Sean,

No sorry, they say they can do some screenshots in about a week as its still WIP.

Hey Shuan, it's been about a month. Have they produced any screen shots or info on the project you can share?

Regards,

Sean

Hello Sean,

Yes got something for you to savour over the weekend, wanted them all to myself but alas I can no longer hold onto them :).

Please remember these are work in progress, so please dont ask about the photoscenery on the ground etc as its early days

and a lot more to be done.

post-3-124843205027_thumb.jpg

post-3-124843205164_thumb.jpg

post-3-124843205416_thumb.jpg

post-3-124843205632_thumb.jpg

post-3-124843205837_thumb.jpg

post-3-124843206113_thumb.jpg

post-3-124843206472_thumb.jpg

post-3-12484320683_thumb.jpg

post-3-124843207139_thumb.jpg

post-3-124843207338_thumb.jpg

Shaun,

These screens do look great! I'd love to touchdown on that runway right away.

Might sound stupid (sorry!) but is this project also for FS9 or maybe rather FSX only?

Hope for the first answer of course but am ready to accept the other.

Best regards,

Rafal

EDIT:

I've just realized how irritating it must be for you, developers, to gett these "Is this for FS9 also..." questions.

Shame on me...

Very happy!!!!!! Oh the tears!! My short(wish)list of European airports is coming true!!

FS9 to follow may I assume??

Thank you for the screenshots!

newmanix

That looks nice. The last airports by SimWings are really phantastic and Nice will be either.

But I really really really hope, that Aerosoft will put some pressure on SimWings to make this scenery compatibel with the photo-scenery of FranceVFR. And I hope that SimWings will remember, that one could use FranceVFR FlightRiviera ALSO in FSX !!!!! Unfortunaltly in the past SimWings and FranceVFR were not able to make their sceneries compatibel with each other ;)

Bernhard