Tahiti X Landclass Problem

Quasar

I'm having a problem with desert textures on the mountains. I have disabled everything but Tahiti X to try and find a conflict but they still show. Disabling Tahiti X and the desert textures disappear. Forgive my ignorance on proper uploading of an image. This may not be sized correctly.

Tahiti_X2.bmp

Thanks for the help.

Hello Quasar,

Can you tell us the co-ordinates where the picture was taken so we can do a comparison please.

This was in the bay area of Moorea Island I believe. However, it's everywhere. Virtually all the mountains have splotches of this desert texture. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Tahiti X to no avail. As I mentioned above, if I uninstall or disable Tahiti X and go back to default, the landclass is fine. I have no third party landclass apart from FsGenesis USA and SceneryTech Europe.

Hello Quasar,

Try disabling you 3rd party landclass files and then check.

If it then looks fine then you may need to place these landclass files in a scenery folder and place them at a lower priority than Tahiti X.

Hello Quasar,

Try disabling you 3rd party landclass files and then check.

If it then looks fine then you may need to place these landclass files in a scenery folder and place them at a lower priority than Tahiti X.

Tried that with no effect. Tahiti X is already at the top of the scenery list. The only other 3rd party scenery I have is GEX but I can't imagine this to be the culprit since it's not landclass. I will remove it and test to be sure and get back with you. Do you happen to know what default landclass file covers this area?

In addition, I am incorrect about getting the landclass properly showing if I disable Tahiti X. The desert textures still show up with the default islands (though I was sure it didn't before--what can I say?!).

Hello Quasar,

Do you have an active entry for Tahiti X (Base) in the scenery library.

This has the landclass for the scenery.

Yes. It's located at #2 in scenery library with Tahiti at #1. I uninstalled GEX and there was no change which did not surprise me. This is baffling. Any other ideas?

Maybe I can help.

Had the same problem a while ago. Problem is probably the scenerytech europe landclass (could be any of the st landclasses). On installation of the landclass you were asked, if you want to install a new file "lclookup.bgl". If you answered yes, that could it be. Luckily, a backup of the original "lclookup.bgl" was saved in "STBackups" under your fsx main folder. Just copy your backup file to its original place (<fsx>\scenery\base\scenery) and overwrite the scenerytech provided file.

Hope this helps

Regards

Manfred

Maybe I can help.

Had the same problem a while ago. Problem is probably the scenerytech europe landclass (could be any of the st landclasses). On installation of the landclass you were asked, if you want to install a new file "lclookup.bgl". If you answered yes, that could it be. Luckily, a backup of the original "lclookup.bgl" was saved in "STBackups" under your fsx main folder. Just copy your backup file to its original place (<fsx>\scenery\base\scenery) and overwrite the scenerytech provided file.

Hope this helps

Regards

Manfred

That was it! Thanks, Manfred. I appreciate your help as well, Shaun.