Twin Otter X Comment And Questions

spike9

First off, I just purchased this aircraft and have to say it's a great model and I love flying it.

That being said I do have a couple of quick questions and comments for Aerosoft. Having worked on Twin Otters for over a decade as an engineer I'm quite familiar with the aircraft and can see that great attention was paid to the detail of the aircraft. I was curious and forgive me if this has been answered in a previous disscussion (quick search of forum found nothing), but why did Aerosoft decided to do the models with 8 passenger windows instead of the more commonly seen 7 window configuration. This especially true when looking at the 300 series which introduced the forward window emergency exits which are not depicted in your models. Most of the Twins I've seen in my career both with the company I worked for (First Air) and from other operators looked like these:

First Air Twin Otter C-FNAN

First Air Twin Otter C-FTFX

First Air Twin Otter C-GNDO

We operated the Twin in just about every configuration available regular tires, intermediate tires, tundra tires, wheel skis and floats. As do many operators in northern climates and lets not forget the Antarcitca. I was dissappointed not to see the tundra tire or amphib float version. I know the amphibs aren't as popular due to the weight, but they are used frequently for Twin Otter water bombers.

Also the aircraft is a little light when it comes to radio antennas. Again I'm used to seeing HF, dual ADF and dual VHF Antennas. Yours is looking a little naked on top.

Again, overall I think you've produced a great aircraft you just missed a few key elements.

Thanks for the reply Mathijs.

I look forward to the day this project is re-opened. I'm not a modeler, but I might be able to get you performance and spec numbers for the tundra and intermediate versions if you decide to do them. In the mean time I'll paint up some versions of the twins I used to work on and enjoy this great aircraft.

Thanks for the reply Mathijs.

I look forward to the day this project is re-opened. I'm not a modeler, but I might be able to get you performance and spec numbers for the tundra and intermediate versions if you decide to do them. In the mean time I'll paint up some versions of the twins I used to work on and enjoy this great aircraft.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Peter , from Kevin Pardy in Canada .

I seem to remember Your Name from somewhere . Maybe You were talking to Me over a Year ago , about a Hawker Siddeley

748 . Both Me and You would like to see the Hawker painted in the Old Bradley Air Colours from the 1980's era .

I have someone in mind for repainting the Hawker at the Moment .

My e-mail is kevinpardy@gmail.com

The Aerosoft Twin Otter is a Great Aircraft and is even made better now with the Sound pack . I would also Love to see a

Repaint of the Twin Otter in First Air colours .

All the Best , Kevin

Hello Kevin,

You and I did speak a couple of years ago, I was going to do some 748's up in the First Air and Bradley colours, but never got around to it, you know life gets in the way. Anyhow, if you have someone else in mind for those I'd be interested in those paints if they get done, eventully though I'll get around to doing them myself.

As for the twin, once I get one done up I'll be sure to let you know. I'll probably do one in the old bradley colours as well if I can find a good reference photo.

Hello Kevin,

You and I did speak a couple of years ago, I was going to do some 748's up in the First Air and Bradley colours, but never got around to it, you know life gets in the way. Anyhow, if you have someone else in mind for those I'd be interested in those paints if they get done, eventully though I'll get around to doing them myself.

As for the twin, once I get one done up I'll be sure to let you know. I'll probably do one in the old bradley colours as well if I can find a good reference photo.

Hi Peter .

I will try to contact the Gentleman ( Mike Pearson ) who makes many repaints . The Hawker Siddeley 748 by Rick Piper

comes in Freight and Passenger variants . Im a little confused because I cant remember which Hawker was Freighter

and which was Passenger model . I Fondly remember traveling on C-GBNW AND C-GFNW as Bradley Air . I wonder How Hard

to use , the Rick Piper's Paint Kit for the HS-748 IS TO USE ? i HAVE A Few Twin Otter's , I would Love to see painted as well.

The Aerosoft Twin Otter is a Marvel of Technology and Flies as close as possible to the Real thing as Flight Simulator will allow .

Catch You later , Buddy .

Kevin