Heathrow - A Question & A Problem

martinlest

Hi. I bought Aerosoft London Heathrow 2008 (v 1.10) some time back (installed into FS9). I have a couple of questions, if anyone would be kind enough to advise.:

1. Is this scenery basically the same as Aerosoft's Mega Airport London-Heathrow X? If not, how does it differ? Is an upgrade a good idea (would the change really be an upgrade? I like the version I have well enough. If it would for whatever reason, is one available free or discounted for purchasers of London Heathrow 2008?).

2. Is there a known problem with the AFCAD for Heathrow 2008? I am always getting a/c heading towards each other on the same taxiway and becoming blocked:

Blocked.jpg

My current AFCAD is dated 29/06/2008, AF2_EGLL_Simwings.bgl Is there another that will avoid this problem? Or some other fix?

Thanks!

Martin

Hello Martin,

One is for FS2004 the other for FSX so you would need to have FSX to install Mega Airport London-Heathrow X.

As for the AI issue, have you disabled the AFCAD that comes with your AI Traffic program. You need to find the file and rename the extension from bgl to bgx .

But the 'blurb' on Aerosoft's site says "Mega Airport London-Heathrow X (FSX+FS2004)"

I only have one active AFCAD for EGLL, confirmed by ScanAFD,

Thanks,

Martin

Hello Martin,

There are 2 downloads available when you purchase it, one for FSX and one for FS2004.

As for the traffic are they only using one runway for landing and take off.

If using real weather then try turning the AI off then back on again.