Madeira: Other Aircraft Are Floating

Squishy

Hi all,

I registered here because i have a problem.

Today i was trying out your madeira scenery on vatsim, but noticed everyone else was floating above the ground.

I contacted them and they said they were also using aerosoft madeira scenery!.. One of them also said i was underground..which makes sense when i see them float.

Does anyone know why this is happening? The scenery is #1 priority in the library and i have no other madeira scenery packages installed.

Other addons: Real Environment Xtreme, Squawkbox 4, FSPassengerx.

Thanks,

Walter

edit: i added screenshots of the problem (3rd = dx9)

edit2: I'm using FSX Sp2 + Scenery Madeira X 1.01

edit3: i do not have this issue with, for example, aerosoft heathrow airport X

post-25354-1240945750_thumb.png

post-25354-1240945871_thumb.png

post-25354-1240949309_thumb.png

Hello Walter,

Do you have any 3rd party Afcads for Madeira other than the one that came with the scenery, these sometimes come with 3rd Party AI programs. It might even be that they may have them instead.

When you are on the runway in the default Cessna 172 what altitude do you have when pressing Shift+Z so I can compare with the scenery here.

Hello Walter,

Do you have any 3rd party Afcads for Madeira other than the one that came with the scenery, these sometimes come with 3rd Party AI programs. It might even be that they may have them instead.

When you are on the runway in the default Cessna 172 what altitude do you have when pressing Shift+Z so I can compare with the scenery here.

Hi, thanks for your reply.

I don't have any 3rd party AI installed as far as I know..any other way for me to check whether i got any adcads files installed that dont belong there?

Anyway, loaded FSX with the default cessna on madeira 'active runway' which was 05. The altitude was 168.0 ft

Thanks,

Walter

Okai it seems everyone on fs9 is floating here.

Before, I asked 2 persons who were floating, and they were both using fs9.

Now today, i saw (for the first time) someone who was not floating, but right on the ground.

It seemed he was also using FSX, and was also experiences my problem.

I made a screenshots showing the altitude difference between the guy using FSX (left) and fs9 (right)

Thanks,

Walter

post-25354-1241198002_thumb.png

Hello Walter,

I have found out the reason why this is happening.

These are the Altitudes of the various sceneries.

Default LPMA FS9 = 195.7 FT

Aerosoft WMA LPMA FS9 = 194 FT

Aerosoft Madeira X FSX = 167.9 FT

So if your in FSX and they are in FS9 they will be roughly 26 feet above you.

Unfortunately this is a hazard when you fly online using different sceneries and versions of Simulator.

Hi,

I see, then it makes sense.

Can i ask though: why was the height changed from 194 in fs9 to 168ft in FSX?

Wouldn't it be a lot easier to change the height to 195ft for all versions?

Thanks,

Walter

Hello Walter,

They were done by different developers.

The altitude was probably kept the same as it was in the Sim, but in reality I believe its around 192 feet.

I would have to disable the Madeira X scenery to find out what the default altitude in the sim is.

• 3 weeks later...
Hello Patrick,

The trees are meant to be there but on the ground.

Can you check the manual for recommended display settings.

Thanks I sorted the problem out I raised the mesh settings to 5M and and the trees are on the ground.

Patrick