Vfr Netherlands Add-on Trouble

Leonski

Hello Gent's,

I resonantly bought "VFR Netherlands" and "F-16 Fighting Falcon" add-ons for FSX and I am a bit disappointed about the

"VFR Netherlands" add-on because it is still looking bad

test.jpg

test2.jpg

test3.jpg

I have the same problem, my solution is:

1. Fly slower, as the name implies, this is for VFR only, the max speed with acceptible performance is 130 KIAS.

2. Set the level of detail radius to small or medium.

Hope these help.

Those old, FS20004 - compiled sceneries with 4,8 m/pix are loading slower because they contain many, many single 256x256 bitmaps. The FSX - compiled sceneries are much faster because the photo texture is compiled in the bgl file.

Just fly slower, defrag your hdd and it should be fine :)

regards,

Lukasz Kubacki

I have the same problem, my solution is:

1. Fly slower, as the name implies, this is for VFR only, the max speed with acceptible performance is 130 KIAS.

2. Set the level of detail radius to small or medium.

Hope these help.

Nothing is going to help; this is FS9 scenery. It was re-released as FSX scenery, but it it is simply the FS9 product bundled with an FSX installer.

- I had bought the FS9 product (clearly labelled as FS 2000/2004) and was almost suckered into buying the "FSX" product thinking it was an FSX upgrade.

This has made a lot of people very cross - I don't know who is to blame, Aerosoft or Horizon (the developers).

An apology from either would be nice.....

I understand it is a port over from FS2004, but these advices really work in my case. Not only the Netherlands, France VFR, Belgium and Italy Photoscenery also apply.

If you got problem, you can post your computer specification here to see if I can help.

I understand it is a port over from FS2004, but these advices really work in my case. Not only the Netherlands, France VFR, Belgium and Italy Photoscenery also apply.

If you got problem, you can post your computer specification here to see if I can help.

Well:

Windows XP Pro 64bit

Athlon AMD64 X2 AM2 6000+

MSI K9A Platinum AM2

4096Mb RAM

2x MSI Ati HD2600XT 512Mb ddr3

Using FSX SP2 + F-16 Fighting Falcon

Can I change the settings in .CFG?

On the software side, you can:

1. Set your Level of Detail Radius to Small, Limit the FPS to 25.

2. Fly the default 172.

to see if there is any improvement.

Then you can try:

Adding:

FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.60

to the [Main] section of your fsx.cfg.

If not okey, add:

[bUFFERPOOLS]

PoolSize=300000000

or

[bUFFERPOOLS]

PoolSize=70000000

to the end of your fsx.cfg.

But these tweaks may reduce your framerates.

On the hardware side, your rig seems ok, in your future upgrade, you can consider Quad Core CPU and add more RAM.

On the software side, you can:

1. Set your Level of Detail Radius to Small, Limit the FPS to 25.

2. Fly the default 172.

to see if there is any improvement.

Then you can try:

Adding:

If not okey, add:

[bUFFERPOOLS]

PoolSize=300000000

or

[bUFFERPOOLS]

PoolSize=70000000

On the hardware side, your rig seems ok, in your future upgrade, you can consider Quad Core CPU and add more RAM.

I would be very interested to hear if this helps, (I remain unconvinced) because I have a large collection of France VFR products which look terrible under FSX, but much better under FS9. (A fact confirmed by the developers).

There is no getting over the fact that VFR Netherlands is a MUCH lower resolution product than, say, VFR Germany X, and will never look as good when flying VFR....

Hi Chris95,

I think I need to clarify the following points:

1. I have no relation to the developers, I am not trying to defend them nor convince others to buy their products.

2. On the contrary, I am a customer like you and Leonski, I have the same problem with VFR Netherlands at the very beginning and not happy with that. But after various tries, I got improvement, I answer Leonski just because I want to share my experience and never guarantee it works for everyone nor gives perfect results.

3. In the past, I had problems with other add-ons and happily found some guys to help me. I answer Leonski's post just because I want to paid back to our community.

Sorry if my advices cannot help or convince you, if you found them unhelpful, just forget them. :)

Hi Chris95,

I think I need to clarify the following points:

1. I have no relation to the developers, I am not trying to defend them nor convince others to buy their products.

2. On the contrary, I am a customer like you and Leonski, I have the same problem with VFR Netherlands at the very beginning and not happy with that. But after various tries, I got improvement, I answer Leonski just because I want to share my experience and never guarantee it works for everyone nor gives perfect results.

3. In the past, I had problems with other add-ons and happily found some guys to help me. I answer Leonski's post just because I want to paid back to our community.

Sorry if my advices cannot help or convince you, if you found them unhelpful, just forget them. :)

No criticism intended alanngai! I would be genuinely interested to hear if your suggestions help Leonski.

My main concern has always been that Netherlands VFR was marketed as an updated FSX addon when it clearly was not. That does deserve a comment from the developers or distributors.

I am originally from the Netherlands and was particularly disappointed. Actually, I was much more impressed with the freeware product Netherlands 2000 (which is FS2000/FS2004 only) but looks very impressive under FS9. (Its a huge download though :huh: )

I understand your frustration, I agree the developers need to state clearly in the product specification and give the customers full information before buying.

Concerning the NL2000, if you find it difficult to download, your can buy their disc at http://www.flightsimstore.com/product_info...products_id=442 :blush:

In fact, a FSX version is under way, but it seems long before release. Thus I buy VFR Netherlands as a temporary measure.

Thanx your replay i'll try it out.

Then you can try:

Then you can try:

Adding:

If not okey, add:

[bUFFERPOOLS]

PoolSize=300000000

or

[bUFFERPOOLS]

PoolSize=70000000

Where can i find this in what .CFG file?

OK i just found it sorry.

but first i have to eat dinner i'll try it later.

I'll let you guys know!

Look at every line in your fsx.cfg then you will find [Main], add FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.60 under it.

There is no [bUFFERPOOLS] section in the fsx.cfg, just copy and paste the two sentences under the last line of the cfg file.

Sorry can't fix it, it is still bad.

With [bUFFERPOOLS] PoolSize=300000000 I got this

test-1.jpg

If I known this than I stead with TileProxy and tweak it till it was better!

And in this case the TileProxy is better than VFR Netherlands.

But when i saw the screenshots of VFR Netherlands I thought smiley_yeah.gif now i can fly over my home town Hindeloopen joystick.gif but no the scenery is terrible smiley_wtf.gif

I've been scammedsmiley_wtf.gif

I think I thrown 30 euro's away!!

BLOODY HELL

Sorry can't fix it, it is still bad.

With [bUFFERPOOLS] PoolSize=300000000 I got this

test-1.jpg

If I known this than I stead with TileProxy and tweak it till it was better!

And in this case the TileProxy is better than VFR Netherlands.

But when i saw the screenshots of VFR Netherlands I thought smiley_yeah.gif now i can fly over my home town Hindeloopen joystick.gif but no the scenery is terrible smiley_wtf.gif

I've been scammedsmiley_wtf.gif

I think I thrown 30 euro's away!!

BLOODY HELL

You have my sympathy Leonski. Did you buy it from Aerosoft? If so did you buy it from this site? http://www.aerosoft.com/cgi-local/re/ibosh...gi?showd,,10438

This is important because Aerosoft have now added a warning that this is indeed FS2004 data with an FSX installer (I don't remember seeing this before). If this warning was not on the site where you bought it from then I think you have a case for a refund.

Maybe Sean or Mattijs could help you.

You have my sympathy Leonski. Did you buy it from Aerosoft? If so did you buy it from this site? http://www.aerosoft.com/cgi-local/re/ibosh...gi?showd,,10438

This is important because Aerosoft have now added a warning that this is indeed FS2004 data with an FSX installer (I don't remember seeing this before). If this warning was not on the site where you bought it from then I think you have a case for a refund.

Maybe Sean or Mattijs could help you.

I bought it from www.bol.com here in the netherlands and from the internet i saw the screenshots aerosoft

I bought it from www.bol.com here in the netherlands and from the internet i saw the screenshots aerosoft

Then bol did not have the same warning as Aerosoft now has on its website. I would contact Aerosoft customer support and explain that you were mislead. It is possible they may be sympathetic (they should be, but they may open themselves up to a lot of requests for refunds!!).

I'm sorry to pursue this Aerosoft but this was a mistake on your part and your loyal customers deserve better.

As I mentioned earlier in this thread, do download Netherlands 2000 if you have a copy of FS9 installed. My hometown is Alphen a/d Rijn and it looks great!

Out of curiosity, has anyone here tried the NL2000 V.3 scenery? It weighs in at a staggering 20GB and is for FS9 only. Looks like a major improvement over the older 2.9 version which was for FS2002/2004. I'm just wondering about a comparison between the VFR scenery stated here and the V3 NL2000 version especially as i think it includes practically every airport in the Netherlands

Out of curiosity, has anyone here tried the NL2000 V.3 scenery? It weighs in at a staggering 20GB and is for FS9 only. Looks like a major improvement over the older 2.9 version which was for FS2002/2004. I'm just wondering about a comparison between the VFR scenery stated here and the V3 NL2000 version especially as i think it includes practically every airport in the Netherlands

Err, did you read the previous posts? Yes, I have it installed. NL2000 V.3 looks great under FS9 - much better than VFR Netherlands. Not surprising really....