VFR Germany 3

Herman

• Deputy Sheriffs

A week after release and I haven't seen any comments about this fantastic scenery yet. So I thought I'd start one and invite comments.

While it did take a while to download, even on a fast connection (and with credit to Aerosoft, we were warned it was a big d'load), the performance, and of course the view out the window, has been well worth the small wait. I'm getting framerates as good (or in some areas, better) than the default scenery. Last night, I flew from Bamberg to Kelheim along the Main-Danube canal (or is it the Danube-Main canal?). The smoothness of the flow while panning across the VC and the really terrific detail were a real treat.

No, I don't work for Aerosoft. It's just that I found a really enjoyable product for FSX and want to share the news.

Last night, I flew from Bamberg to Kelheim along the Main-Danube canal

Herman,

Does the VFR Germany South scenery extend all of the way up to Bamberg? From the Google Earth file that shows the dividing lines between the different areas, it didn't look like this package went that far north.

• Deputy Sheriffs

The boundary line seems just a bit south of the one shown in GoogleEarth. Here's the transition along the canal. FSX doesn't look all that bad...until you get to an add-on like VFR Germany.

While the stock FSX scenery is head-and-shoulders better than the stock FS9 scenery, it's still no match for a good add-on.