Aircraft.cfg

lindbergh72

How important is it that the aircraft txt is in the bottom or top of the Aircraft.cfg, does it matter? Why I ask is because when you installed livery from Wilco's it will be installed in the bottom of aircraft.cfg. Can it cause any problems?

Obviously an experienced journalist Valtteri, do avail us of your wisdom and tell us precisely what is `copyright` in a .cfg file..?

Do you understand the meaning of the term?

Even if you do, `reporting` is fair use under the terms of copyright, and therefore unless you know something I don't about publishing (you don't) then Lindbergh72 was perfectly within his reporting rights to utilise a forum to show the content of what is nothing more than a text file... as a representation of the problem he was trying to convey.

Before expressing an opinion, you should know two things:

1: The copyright material is contained in other files in the construction of a physical representation of an aircraft in Flight Sim,

and

2: if Lindbergh is in breach, then what about your line drawing of a Catalina? Surely that is the intellectual property of whoever holds the design rights or Type Certificate. And what about your physical impression of Tahiti - do you have permission from the government of that island to display it?

There's factual criticism and then there's scaremongering. At the very least you owe Lindbergh an apology.

Okay, I'm sorry if I'm wrong. But previously aircraft configs have been removed because they are part of someones product and that why copyrighted.

I removed it :angry: No one else..... To shut U up. But I can forgive you, but don't make a comment like this again. <_<

Cheers

Frank

Okay, I'm sorry if I'm wrong. But previously aircraft configs have been removed because they are part of someones product and that why copyrighted.

Yes, and therefore you in turn have become a victim of someone elses stupidity, and in doing so pepetuated it.

No excuse for repeating it, as lies often take on the veil of truth by dint of oft-repeating, and in so doing only reveals the twice-stupidity of the repeater - For believing it, AND repeating it... :angry:

The construction of the .cfg file follows standardised .txt conventions (as witnessed by its ability to be read not only by Wordpad and all word processing software but even Notepad). The combinations of letter and numbers merely explain the concepts and values in use elsewhere, and even in FSX where greater emphasis is placed on the use of derivations within the .cfg file, it remains a modifier and a descriptor, not a copyrightable file in or of itself. The only possible argument could be surrounding the letters and numbers that derive the flight control functions, but of course these modify the basic commodity in the copyright document proper - the .air file. For the rest, they are system or file calls or simple text descriptions and therefore are no more `copyrightable` than an expression of opinion in a forum.

To take your approach to its laughable limits, screenshots would be breach of copyright, as would your line drawing of a Catalina or any avatar... and I'm sure no-one wants to be that repressive, well except for Tishma... :angry: