A Suggestion or 2 if I may

Evening all.

After a wonderful winters departure out of Toronto (CYYZ) on the wknd, I had noticed the VATSIM ATC had a comment that De Icing was available.

I know it's available from the main menu and that you are de iced right at the Stand/Gate.

Would it be at all possible that it could be setup to de ice at the designated de Ice pads?

Is it a feature that is tied to the gate position or the aircraft?

Just curious.

Secondly. I've noticed that now in the menu you have listed the airport and version number.

Although I don't know why you would need to know which airport your at.

Anyway, would it be possible when cycling through the arrival gates that you could have the gate type shown as well?

Meaning when Flying into say Frankfurt and your in your 747, and you cyle through your gate only to arrive and find out it's for small aircraft.

It would be nice to be able to know which gates are Gate Small, Gate Medium, Gate Heavy.

Thanks for listening

Cheers

• Developer
Evening all.

After a wonderful winters departure out of Toronto (CYYZ) on the wknd, I had noticed the VATSIM ATC had a comment that De Icing was available.

I know it's available from the main menu and that you are de iced right at the Stand/Gate.

Would it be at all possible that it could be setup to de ice at the designated de Ice pads?

Is it a feature that is tied to the gate position or the aircraft?

Just curious.

That is planned, but I don't know on each airport, where the deice areas are, so it is maybe difficult to implement on all airports.

Secondly. I've noticed that now in the menu you have listed the airport and version number.

Although I don't know why you would need to know which airport your at.

Anyway, would it be possible when cycling through the arrival gates that you could have the gate type shown as well?

Meaning when Flying into say Frankfurt and your in your 747, and you cyle through your gate only to arrive and find out it's for small aircraft.

It would be nice to be able to know which gates are Gate Small, Gate Medium, Gate Heavy.

AES is not designed to provide you a gate, therefor you have the online controller or the FS ATC, they know, which Gate is usable with your aircraft and also know which is free.

Thanks for the quick reply Oliver, Although I think you might have misundertsood my second question.

Would I be able to when Cycling through the gates to have it show what aircraft it's meant for.

So when you request a gate it would show as.

Request Followme to Position: GATE 1 Heavy

or

Request Followme to Position: GATE 125 Medium

Something like that.

If that is what you meant in your response sorry.

That is planned, but I don't know on each airport, where the deice areas are, so it is maybe difficult to implement on all airports.

I'd be more than willing to send some airport charts with the De Ice Areas. As I have the Current world charts.

Cheers