AES and cargo acft

paveodie

Oliver,

I know this has been discussed in the past but I haven't seen any recent news on a couple topics. Just wondering if these are possible and/or are in the works for the future AES:

--Opposite door position adjustment for older aircraft (ie B727, DC8, etc). Ones where the catering door/right side service door does not line up directly across from the main boarding door that is normally on the left.

--Cargo loaders for main cargo doors for freight haulers. {edit: saw someone recently asked for this in a long AES 2.x wish-list}

I imagine right now that a monumental effort for the FSX portion/similar coding etc is underway but was just curious if we would see these eventually or if they are just not feasible to do with AES at this time.

cheers

Trevor

• 2 weeks later...

Let me refresh the topic. If you ask me, one extra cargo loader (high enough to reach the cargo door) on the left side of the airplane will do the trick. Did you think of that Oliver? I think it will increase the number of AES users by the nuber of cargo pilots ;)

Bruce,

Yeah, I remember that too as I mentioned...I just couldn't find it when searching through all the threads. I was just looking to see if it was still on the list or OBE (overcome by events).

Trevor

Let me refresh the topic. If you ask me, one extra cargo loader (high enough to reach the cargo door) on the left side of the airplane will do the trick. Did you think of that Oliver? I think it will increase the number of AES users by the nuber of cargo pilots ;)

Instead of having busses drive up to the cargo loader could we get a train of cargo dolly's to stand next to them in that case. Also on the allready existing loaders on the right this would be great. For the bagage belts, dollys with suitcases would be perfect for pax aircraft. I get alot of complaints about missing bags when I fly pax ;)

Jasper, UPS cargo pilot

You guys are beating a dead horse. Best to just ask him once and leave it. I requested those options back in Feb of last year. Which is why I stopped asking for LKPR to ged AES'd.

He hears us...

Oliver needs to become a geneticist and learn cloning. :lol:

If he had a dozen or so mini-me running around, he might be able to satisfy everyone... but I doubt it.

AES has a very long future ahead! I do think we will see all these options come to fruition, it just may be awhile. It also depends on how many people are working on Olivers team. AES just started a short time ago. When I bought my first credit pack there were only 20 airports on the list. Not look how many are there! Amazing!

• Developer
It also depends on how many people are working on Olivers team.

When you define my cup of coffee, the mouse and some chocolate as "team" members, we are a team :lol:

When you define my cup of coffee, the mouse and some chocolate as "team" members, we are a team :lol:

That was funny! I honestly can't believe you work alone! That is alot of work you do! I only assume so much work is accomplished by a team. Damn Oliver, you're good!! Shoot me an address and I will be happy to send you more help, now what brand of coffie was that again??

WOW, I had no idea. Now I'm impressed!

Scott

P.S. The Cargo Loader is a great idea :rolleyes: