Two engines, one sound? Afterburner louder or quieter?

dswo

1. According to the product web page, this package features "General Electric F110-GE-100 and Pratt & Whitney F100-P-220 engines." I can't tell which models use which engines, but all of the variants seem to alias their sounds from "Aerosoft F-16C Clean," which is a Pratt & Whitney F100. Do I have that right? I don't know how important this is.

2. When I throttle up all the way, to full afterburner, the engine seems to get quieter not louder. Am I mistaken? Is this how it works in the real bird?

Thats very weird, cause we have not touch any sound settings since the release version !

I don't know whether this is new for SP1 or not. But test your own copy and see. In a real F-16, SHOULD the volume decrease when afterburner is at full? It seems to in the model.

Thats very weird, cause we have not touch any sound settings since the release version !

Finn

Actually, it has done this since the 1.00 release. At least for me in all versions...I would think the sound would be much more aggressive when the afterburner kicks in. Speaking from experience on the ground, yes it is louder...from the cockpit perspective I would assume so. I am sure I can find a video or something from in the cockpit...

Mr. DSWO,

I got your PM; sorry for the late response but I was out of town due to our Thanksgiving Holidays.

I'll look into this but I'm pretty sure it might be an FSX "limitation" issue and NOT directly related to the F-16's Sound.cfg setup.