deltaleader71

Hi all, so I just downloaded the F-16. I am using Vista HP 32bit

and FSX Deluxe with Acceleration. I noticed a few potential problems that

people can shed some light on for me...

1. The plane seems to be lacking responsiveness in the pitch control. The

plane flys like a 737 as compared to the Acceleration packs F-18. I would

expect the f-18 and this F-16 to be similar in control but not worse than

an f-18. I read in another thread others having similar problems. However,

this is not a problem on any other aircraft I have. I am using the X52 Pro stick,

throttle and pedals. I am certain this is not a problem with my FSX settings as well.

2. The F-16 becomes overally responsive in roll rate at slow speeds. However, pitch control

is very weak. This is a problem while in the pattern. At higher speeds roll rate is weakened

and it is not really possible to do high G sharp turns.

3. Anytime the plane spawns in a multiplayer sesson, the avionics, mfd's,

etc are all off. I tried using the quick ready to fly configuration

option, however, when you do this in a multiplayer session, all the

switches become unresponsive and the avionics never come on.

Any suggestions would be helpful on these. Thanks

this is not a problem on any other aircraft I have. I am using the X52 Pro stick,

throttle and pedals. I am certain this is not a problem with my FSX settings as well.

2. The F-16 becomes overally responsive in roll rate at slow speeds. However, pitch control

is very weak. This is a problem while in the pattern. At higher speeds roll rate is weakened

As i already mentioned in another topic i must agree there is something wrong with the jaw movement of the F16.

When you fly leveled and straight forward and you use strong lef rudder, the plane makes a roll instead of a yaw movement.

I think this is not the correct behaviour but when i read the comments of Aerosoft on this issue, there should be no problem???

Maybe this must be solved one way or another.

Also sharp high G turns with high speed when applying rudder does not give the correct flight pattern as in real. The aircraft tends to roll further and further.

As i already mentioned in another topic i must agree there is something wrong with the jaw movement of the F16.

When you fly leveled and straight forward and you use strong lef rudder, the plane makes a roll instead of a yaw movement.

I think this is not the correct behaviour but when i read the comments of Aerosoft on this issue, there should be no problem???

Also sharp high G turns with high speed when applying rudder does not give the correct flight pattern as in real. The aircraft tends to roll further and further.

I brought this up in the turning forum...I can sometimes get more Gs in a 747???

I have also noticed that the nose of the plane drops to quickly on high bank turns. In jets like these, you dont need to apply a lot of rudder when doing turns at higher speeds say about 250 knots. But even after flying this a lot more lately. The elevator responsiveness is just not right and dog fighting in this against the f-18 is pretty hard to do since this plane will not accelerate or bank as it should. hopefully some devs here are aware of this and can fix it soon.

BTW: Point 3 above seems to be random but maybe not. When you spawn on a runway or at parking, you need to let the plane fully load and un-pause the session before switching to the 2d cockpit screen and selecting "ready to fly" option. I noticed if I do it to quickly, the plane does not work properly. But really, the default should be all systems on and ready to go. You cannot just spawn in flight with this plane because nothing will be on.

1. In the F-16 rudder is hardly used during flight. In normal flight the FBW system takes care of rudder input - so don´t use rudder, real F-16 pilots don´t use them either apart from lining up for the approach with crosswind.

2.The systems in the F-16 are complex and altering the startup state to be fully powered would be a project on it´s own. If You spawn in midair, simply bring up the panel state configurator by pressing Shift+2 and press "ready to fly".

Finn

Just a note regarding the Acceleration F/A-18, don't assume that it is anything resembling a realistic flight model as even a cursory glance reveals that the numbers are off by quite a large margin on it.

• 3 years later...

QUOTE (deltaleader71 @ Nov 11 2008, 03:00 )

I very much agree with you on point 1. Trying to aim the nose down is even harder than pulling up unfortunately. I realize that too much input into aiming the nose down is dangerous for the airframe but really I dont get any response on the pitch axis at all! Just like to remind everyone that the F-16 is superiore to the F/A-18 in many aspects most prominent being the rate of turn.

I have one doubt though: could the pitch "defect" be a regulation of the FLCS in CAT III?