Sound file reversed?

AV8TR

Hello!

Might it be possible that the "closing canopy" sound has been switched with the "opening canopy" sound? I saw a video on youtube, and I noticed that when the pilot closed the canopy the sound was almost identic to the one when you're opening the canopy in the FSX Falcon.

Thanks! :)

I guess that if this is a real bug, then it's just a matter of changing the names, but I'd like to hear if I'm right about this.

Hello!

Might it be possible that the "closing canopy" sound has been switched with the "opening canopy" sound? I saw a video on youtube, and I noticed that when the pilot closed the canopy the sound was almost identic to the one when you're opening the canopy in the FSX Falcon.

Thanks! :)

I guess that if this is a real bug, then it's just a matter of changing the names, but I'd like to hear if I'm right about this.

i'll double check but you may be right. I noticed that the canopy close sound does not have the distinctive "thud" when the canopy connects with the outer cockpit rim.

there is a very hard thud that happens, then you hear the canopy motor go for about another 5 seconds or so after the thud as it seals and locks in place.

I must have opened and closed the real canopy a dozen times during one of my projects just to capture the right sound.

It would be nice if some one else can confirm this.

If true - then it will be fixed for SP1.

Finn

Hello Finn, it is true the sound file itself is indeed reversed.The canopy opens and then you hear the thud at full open,then when closing the thud is heard first and the whine just goes away when it latches in the full closed position. sorry for having to add something else to the list but at least it was caught before your big next release. :rolleyes:

I don't know if anyone noticed that the whine of the engine at idle (spot view) is heard only from the front of the aircraft but not from the behind ...

Could someone have accidentally swapped the sound .cfg setting/setup backwards (Accidentally)? ???

Can someone else verify this for me as well?

PS: I believe that the sound of the canopy is backwards on my canopy open/close too. :huh:

Also, it seems that the engine sound disappears when you go down to idle fast, and then comes back again after a while. Anyone else has experienced this?

I don't know if anyone noticed that the whine of the engine at idle (spot view) is heard only from the front of the aircraft but not from the behind ...

Could someone have accidentally swapped the sound .cfg setting/setup backwards (Accidentally)? ???

Can someone else verify this for me as well?

PS: I believe that the sound of the canopy is backwards on my canopy open/close too. :huh:

Hi,

Whine at idle should be most noticable from the front quarter. It is the way it's intended to be.

Indeed, so no bug there. As for the canopy sound being backwards, that will be fixed in next SP as Finn points out. But it's easy to fix yourself. Just rename TSS Canopy close.wav to TSS Canopy.wav and rename TSS Canopy.wav to TSS Canopy close.wav. These sounds can be found in the folder Aerosoft F-16C Clean\Sound

...Whine at idle should be most noticable from the front quarter. It is the way it's intended to be.

Gents,

I agree; But with the absence (or very little) of any sound from the rear of the engine (spot view) during idle, I just wondered if something was missing or reversed. My F-16's whine sounds a little too high RPM's for idle. But, It's been a long while since I was near that bird; so I can't be too sure if my memory can be counted on for this knowledge. In any case, thank you all for your help/suggestions.

PS: (Staff) Thank you for looking into/fixing what needs to be done. I'm really looking forward to SP1 (especially with my face on the pilots head and my name / callsign on all the canopies - I know its vain; but, it will be my first "gift" prize with my picture and name in it). :):P

Only hearing the whine from the front of the aircraft is perfectly normal, since the sound is coming from the compressor blades as a couple of people have mentioned here.

I used to work on the flight line at an airport that had an ANG F-16 wing based on the field, and can attest to the fact that F-16's produce an almost deafening whining/shrieking at idle from in front of the aircraft, but the whining is almost entirely replaced by the exhaust noise from the sides and rear.

Oddly enough, I always had the impression that F-16's were much quieter at idle from behind, but that might just come from the fact that the exhaust sound is at a much lower frequency than the compressor whine.

confirmed here as well. the aerosoft product is accurate in this regards. in real-life you hear practically no whine of the intake when standing behind the aircraft at idle speed. the sound of the exhaust easily over-drowns anything you hear from the intake.

the only time you may still hear the intake without being in front of the aircraft is if the aircraft is in small hangar and the sound of the intake whine can reflect off the side walls...

several times during my recording projects I would be out in the field in between taxi-ways, and as the F-16's would come taxing (facing me) you would clearly hear the whine, and no exhaust. As they slowly passed by me, the whine would disappear until they were now passed me with the exhaust facing me and no whine.

Gents,

I think I've confused you with my question(s), let me clarify ...

I'm NOT hearing any sound from the rear (Spot View); Are any of you? (I'm using 7.1 Surround speakers and FSX configured in Stereo)

NOTE: I hear the intake whine from the front (spot view); which is too loud for me when engines are idle.

Gents,

I think I've confused you with my question(s), let me clarify ...

I'm NOT hearing any sound from the rear (Spot View); Are any of you? (I'm using 7.1 Surround speakers and FSX configured in Stereo)

NOTE: I hear the intake whine from the front (spot view); which is too loud for me when engines are idle.

i am useing a 5.1 system and it seems fairly balanced to me and when you hit the gas and your right behind, lookout she's loud :rolleyes: