Aerosoft Scenery Problems

bloodclot

Hello

Im having trouble with some of aerosofts scenery.

If i start form frankfurt x scenery there is no problem, no stuttering everything runs smoothly. But the other way round, say i fly from berlin (default scenery) to frankfurt, FSX shuts down and there's a message that i've run out of available memory. It's always the same when i fly to aerosoft airports (PMDG/FLIGHT1 aircraft) but not with default aircraft and A2A B377.

My latest test setting was like the florence x manual settings.

Any idea what causes this problem?

Radeon X850 XT 250mb

RAM 3GB

Pentium 4 3.6GHz

Hello Bloodclot,

Seems you may have the dreaded OOM problem too.

You may wish to check the link below for advice.

http://blogs.msdn.com/ptaylor/archive/2007...ress-space.aspx

Or try the solution given on this thread here. I tried this one and never had one since.

Im running Windows XP, it seems to be for vista

Hello Bloodclot,

Theres also a fix available for XP.

You need to read the Avsim post very carefully as it does mention Windows XP.

The Avsim post gives pointers to this and there was a link to how to try the 3GB Switch at the link Here.

hi shaun

I've just made an test flight to florence no OOM message, but instead i get trees and house textures beeing extended high in the sky, i think i've seen an post about it here before. but i dont now if you understand what i mean. If you do what do i do?

thank for your fast reply

regards

mikael

Hello Bloodclot,

Seems you may have the dreaded OOM problem too.

You may wish to check the link below for advice.

http://blogs.msdn.com/ptaylor/archive/2007...ress-space.aspx

Or try the solution given on this thread here. I tried this one and never had one since.

Shaun,

this is rather embarrasing, but I cannot find the fsx.exe in the fsx folder :blink:

Can you give a little bit more detailed advice on the fix.

I installed the cff explorer, and am ready to go, but that is about the limit of my capabilities currently.

Yes, I am that tech savvy sometimes.

I would like very much to resume my limited yet increasing use of fsx as I am slowly transitioning from fs9.

Thanks.

Have som problems after change in boot.ini file (userva=3072)

After that change there where problems with textures going completely mad. I updated my drivers and found no difference. hmm so i changed the boot.ini file back as it was before and no problems with textures but back to the OOM problems again.

Any idea Shaun, what can i do what can be the problem please help.

mike

Hello Waleed,

View the folder in List View and just look for the file named fsx

If you use the go into the Folder Options and uncheck the, "Hide extensions for known filetypes" you should see fsx.exe

Thanks as usual for your help Shaun ;)

It is weird, but my system seems to be updated to the first part of the instructions, and I will try to do the rest tonight and see if it works.

I really want to enjoy the f-16 and go wild in London :rolleyes:

The great news for me (I hope it works) is that I may have gotten my hands on a mobo and chip that Mathjis is excited about.

I was over at Gitex (tech. show in Dubai), and I may have gotten real lucky here as I was promissed a "sample", and if the chip is what Mathjis hopes it is, then I am truly blessed.

O.K. :lol:

I just tried a fly around in the rj170, and had weather, and tcass on, and went from eglc to egll with not even a stutter. (no ai traffic)

I tried it the day before with the payware hunter and had some stuttering, but this time, I did the frame rate at unlimited and it was even better.

Thank you for the advice Shaun and Mathjis. :)

Yahoooooooooooooo.