Vfr Genx England - Stupid Questions

ManuelL

Hello there,

I know this is not the Horizon support forum, but as I purchased the scenery via Aerosoft, I hope it is legitimate to post my questions here.

1) I bought the Version 1 of GenX England (1-3) as a box version. For this version an update is available as download from Horizon. However, Horizon Simulations are using Bittorrent for users to download the updates and Bittorrent gives me download times of 2 - 3 weeks for a 500 MB file (and there are about 10 of those required for the update). I consider myself a patient person, but to me this sounds a bit long for such a download. (I am not familiar with Bittorrent, maybe there is some secret button to speed things up?) As Aerosoft is selling the boxed scenery, would it be possible to have the updates added as direct download in the Aerosoft update section?

(I registered for the Horizon Simulations support forum 3 weeks ago and only received an automated response, that I would receive a separate mail, as soon as my account was activiated, which it isn't by now. One week ago I wrote an email to their support, but have not received any response so far.) Therefore, I couldn't address my questions to them directly.

Thanks for your response.

Manuel

(P.S. This e-mail is not inteded to discredit Horoizon Simulations, as I am really very fond of their scenery. I just would like to have some support).

re: Horizon, if you would PM me your forum username and email address, I will go give Chris et al a poke to activate your account.

The updates are components of the V2.0 release, as a legitimate owner of 1.0, you have three options:

1. Download the water masking updates via bittorrent alone.

2. Download the water masking updates and apply for a free dvd with the night lighting on from Horizon.

3. Apply for a cheap upgrade to V2.0 at £5 a disk, including an updated improved terrain mesh, water masking and night lighting for all three areas. I'm sure the horizon guys will be able to get you sorted out after we get you on the forum.