Eddp And Dynamic Vehicle Shadows.

s.storm

First of all congratulations to a scenery master piece with EDDP2008.

I would however like to bring up a topic which also applies to other Aerosoft sceneries; Shadows for the otherwise excellent dynamic vehicles. The shadow feature was implemented initially with the new GAP series, but is now completely gone. I am aware that scenery designers in an attempt to gain frame rates, will avoid shadows for any object if possible.

However, I believe that removing shadows sacrifices realism.

At a minimum, there should be an option(perhaps selectable within the Traffic Configuration Tool) to include shadows for vehicles on or close to the apron. At the moment, with scenery and aircraft shadows enabled within the FS9 options menu, it looks strange with all objects and aircraft having shadows, but the dynamic vehicles are driving around without shadows.

I would really like to know the opinion of the scenery designers and fellow flightsimmers on this topic.

Fly safely,

Stefan

• Developer

Hi,

one of the reasons you allready give us: Framerates. When you like to fly with shadows for buildings and Aircrafts, it is very unproductive to have shadows of 2000 vehicles, which you normally see only with high distance.

Second reason: The vehicles follows bridges and different elevationlevels, but the FS is not able to bring the shadow on this 3D objects. Result: Unrealistic shadows somewhere on the groundlevel.

So, the desition to remove the shadows is more then only a "don't do it"

Thanks for your reply Oliver and for the masterpiece EDDP2008. I understand your view on the subject and agree with the limitations of FS9 and shadows. However as I mentioned in my initial post, shadows could be added, as an option, only to the apron vehicles. I believe 99% of all FS9 aprons are flat and this is the area where it is most noticable when using AES pushback(has shadows) and taxiing. I am only looking at perfecting something that for me is a small irritation :rolleyes: . Perhaps I am alone in thinking this.

Stefan