Eddf 2008 Installation Impossible Due To Virus-warning

designteam

• Developer

Hi,

I am having problems with installing "EDDF 2008" for fs9 and am confused now. During the installation I was informed that the prior installed version from EDDF has to be removed. As I found no uninstall-routine I tried to delete EDDF 2005 via the system-control (software). I have bought the former version directly at aerosoft germany (boxed version).

When trying to remove EDDF I get a message virus detected. aborting (#5000). What's is going on here? please help!

:o

gianni

Hello Gianni,

There is a mention of this issue in the FAQs/Updates section on the German side of the site.

Service Pack 1

Das 'Service Pack 1' für den Mega-Airport Frankfurt, behebt folgende Problemstellungen:

Hinweis: Das ServicePack1 ist nur für die CD Version 3.0 notwendig. Sollten Sie eine Download-Version oder die CD Version 3.2 besitzen, so benötigen Sie dieses Update nicht!!

* Die Deinstallation der CD Version Mega-Airport Frankfurt bricht mit dieser Fehlermeldung ab: "Ein Virus wurde erkannt! Das Programm wird abgebrochen.(#5000)"

Kein Grund zur Panik, es handelt sich hierbei um keinen Virus! Die Meldung wird durch einen Fehler in der Deintsallationsroutine verursacht.

* Nach der Installation von Mega-Airport Frankfurt, kommt es auf anderen Flughäfen zu Flackern der Bodenpolygone und Runways.

So basically you need to ignore it, if the problem still exists then just disable the Virus Killer temporarily.

Hello Gianni,

There is a mention of this issue in the FAQs/Updates section on the German side of the site.

So basically you need to ignore it, if the problem still exists then just disable the Virus Killer temporarily.

The same problem here. I have no virusscanner on my FS computer but still get the message with the #5000 notification.

However I have manually removed the EDDF 2005 version (as Mathijs advised through mail) I still have the MAF entry in my software list of the control panel.

When now trying to install the 2008 version of EDDF for FS9, I still end up with the message the previous EDDF version should be removed and when attempting to do, I get the viruswarning again.

Any help to get EDDF 2008 running would be welcomed.

Hello Nightowl,

Can you try the suggestion in this post here.

Hello Shaun,

Thanks for the reply. The work arround given in the post your refering to, is working! I now have EDDF installed again!

Best,

Tino