Help With The H-1

roei

I do everything that i suppose to. I get constant degree of 200F on the carborator gauge.

I have the defualt weather on. ill try to do as you guys said thought.

I do everything that i suppose to. I get constant degree of 200F on the carborator gauge.

I have the defualt weather on. ill try to do as you guys said thought.

200°F on the Carburettor air temp !! that sounds strange ! Carb. air temp. gauge is the one on the lower left side.

Before starting the engine it should show the outside air temperature.

After engine start it will fall.

At outside temperatures of ~20°C it will show ~0°C carb. air temperature.

Don´t mixup pitot heater (The switch below the avionics switch) with the Carburettor heater (the large lever with the silvery knob just in front of the stick).

Finn

it shows 20. im not sure if its celcios or farhinaite

20°C sounds correct if the engine is stopped.

What does it show when the engine is running ?

By the way have You altered Your default startup situation ?

Finn

it shows 20c when its running and by the way where is the config file?

It depends on what operating system (Win XP or Vista) You use.

I only know Win XP:

C:\Documents and settings\"Your account"\Application Data\Microsoft\FSX

Finn

everything works now. The mainfold pressure was over 40, and i didnt notice it before. Sorry.

No need to be sorry - be happy :D

Finn

So, only one question is left:

Is it right, that Cyl Head Overheating let engine go out but have no permanent Consequences or damages?

How will the plane behave with Oil overheating? (I haven't managed it till now to overheat oil before Cyl head.... but I'm trying on :rolleyes: )

ok, now, if the failuresytem of the addon is completely checked I will try to fly a while without failures :lol:

thank you guys for supporting and this really cool pane!!! fantastic!

So, only one question is left:

Is it right, that Cyl Head Overheating let engine go out but have no permanent Consequences or damages?

How will the plane behave with Oil overheating? (I haven't managed it till now to overheat oil before Cyl head.... but I'm trying on :rolleyes: )

ok, now, if the failuresytem of the addon is completely checked I will try to fly a while without failures :lol:

thank you guys for supporting and this really cool pane!!! fantastic!

Cylinder head overheating should do permament damage !

I have seen other posts stating that the user was able to restart the engine after a while.

I´m sure it will be looked into and rectified if the issue can be verified.

Stay tuned...

Finn

Cylinder head overheating should do permament damage !

Ah, ok. So this is maybe an issue as you say.

I can overheat the cylinder without problems and engine is correctly going off. (Magneto Switches and Mixture Lever is going to OFF position, too and are not moveable any more)

If CHT is falling down roundabout to 200 degree I can klick magnetos and mixture lever and restart engine.

Same behaviour with Carb ice, by the way.

Ah, ok. So this is maybe an issue as you say.

I can overheat the cylinder without problems and engine is correctly going off. (Magneto Switches and Mixture Lever is going to OFF position, too and are not moveable any more)

If CHT is falling down roundabout to 200 degree I can klick magnetos and mixture lever and restart engine.

Same behaviour with Carb ice, by the way.

If You are able to restart the engine after the engine quits due to too high CHT or Oil temp. then it is an issue !

Carb icing doesn´t damage the engine.

After a while the ice in the carburettor will melt and the engine will be able to run again, but only to stop again, if icing conditions still are present, and carb. heater not is engaged !

I´m sure the developers will look into this issue B)

Finn