Lisboa 2008 Chance For Future Ppp Compatibility

Bernard Ducret

The topic title is self explanatory. Any chance to see a patch making Lisboa 2008 compatible with the Lisboa excellent phorealistic scenery of the city? It is a pity having to choose between Aerosoft Lisboa LPPT airport + AES but no PPP Lisboa city, or PPP Lisboa city and the PPP LPPT airport with no AES...

there are a number of payware developers who have taken such steps for other sceneries.

This compatibilty fix would probably win you new customers and I would be the first one on the line. Thanks to consider.

Hi

Actually, there is no need to create any kind of compatibility. If you install Lisbon 2008 as it is, its landclasses will overlap those of PPP so it won't create any problems.

I have it like that, a fine freeware package from Airsim ;).

If you have any visual problems (like autogen scenery in the taxiways or similar) try downloading the file again, since the installer has been updated to correct a small issue in the scenery.cfg.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Joao, I just installed the Lisbon v1.1 and I still get the same problems with the Lisbon phorealistic scenery from Avsim. I also have the Portugal Terrain and when I installed Lisbon v1.1 I sellected Portugal Terrain as the third party addon. Have I done something wrong? I love both the Aerosoft Lisbon and the photorealistic city and buildings. Could you please help. Thanks in advance

Hi,

I am running these two sceneries together, the only modification I have made is to remove PLP_TERRAIN.bgl, they then work together for me on my system.

Regards

Peter

Hi,

Don't know whether this will help you nelsonvt, but I have just solved my problem by moving the bgl files in Lissabon 2008-SC/Scenery/Scenery_FSonly into the Lissabon 2008_SC Scenery folder and the bmp files from Lissabon 2008_SC/Texture/Texture_FSonly file into the Lissabon 2008_SC Texture file. That brought back all the taxiways that I was missing. Don't know why they wern't put there by the installer in the first place though.

Regards

Peter

Actually I just found this other post of yours on another thread and I just tried it and it worked! Thank you so much; I had spend all day long yesterday (literally) installing and uninstalling aerosoft Lisbon, the photoreal scenery and Portugal mesh and tried multiple ways, all unsuccessful. Good job. and thanks to aerosoft for this wonderful (as usual) Lisbon scenery!

Hi Yoan,

Glad to have been of help, what we have done is "supposed to be unnecessary", but it seems that it has done the trick for both of us. While I was on my own I had my doubts as to whether I had done something wrong or not, but now there are two of us at least that have got it to work this way, it can't be me in the wrong.

I will second the thanks to Aerosoft for another wonderful add on, can't wait for the release of Leipzig now.

Regards

Peter.

Hi again,

I forgot to mention that I also replaced the PLPv4.1 AP945180.BGL with the original in Scenery/Eurw/Scenery, as I had read in another post that this solved the AI sinking problem.

Regards Peter

Hi again,

I forgot to mention that I also replaced the PLPv4.1 AP945180.BGL with the original in Scenery/Eurw/Scenery, as I had read in another post that this solved the AI sinking problem.

Regards Peter

Yes I did that before trying your method, but look at this screenshot I noticed there are some unwanted hills covering half the tower, do you have this as well? If you don't do you know a method to remove it. Thanks again

post-17573-1213606362_thumb.jpg

Hi Yoan,

No I don't have that problem using the FS original AP945180.BGL. The only reason that I can think of is that we are using different Mesh, I am using Spain & Portugal 2004 SRTM MESH SCENERY Version 1.0 by Pietro Mauri, AVsim I believe is where I got it from.

Regards

Peter

Ah yeah it must be that, I use the Portugal Terrain by PTSIM. I'll stick around and see if they come up with a compatibility update for it. Good day Peter and thanks for your help.

That scenery isn't compatible and I don't think it will ever be since it relies on information from a source that does not supply the elevation information for free (the Portuguese Army). So either its developer do it, or I don't think it's reasonable to expect further investments on a third party compatibility.

In the end, this ptsim scenery isn't exactly as famous among the community as would be, for example, UTE.

In the end, this ptsim scenery isn't exactly as famous among the community as would be, for example, UTE.

Of course it isn't as famous as UTE, but for the Portuguese simmers (as myself) it is really appealing, as it provides a high degree of detail, namely of the coastline. Due to the compatibility problems I have now abandoned it, performed a full fresh installation of FS9, installed FSGenesis Europe and UTE. The overall result is certainly better, but the Lisbon area is now unrecognisable...

I will try to install now Project Lisbon Photoreal (PLP), as it has been already made by other simmers.

It should be noted that when PTT was made available there were also many discussions, as it was not compatible (again due to different mesh problems) with other well know scenery: PPP.

It is a pity that PTSim never seemed to care about compatibility issues, as their scenery was (is?) really interesting.

Regards,

Domingos

I understand what you mean. I should say that today I have installed the Project Lisbon Photoreal (PLP) scenery, following the recommendations of another Portuguese simmer, and it worked. So now I have UTE, Lisbon 2008 and a scenery of Lisbon with its landmarks.

Regards,

Domingos

• 3 weeks later...

I started that thread and lost track after a while...

To summarise what I read on two different threads regarding this airport, I understand I should do the following in order to keep the Lisbon Photoscenery (installed with a Lago mesh):

- Get AP945180.BGL from the original FS2004 CD 3 and reinstall it in Scenery/Eurw/Scenery to replace the one from the PLP v4.1

- Remove PLP_TERRAIN.bgl

- Install Lisbon 2008 on top

Nothing else appears to be required or is it? Is anyone running this setup with none of the aforementioned troubles such as hills on runways, sinking AI? I guess the difficulty is that there are so many different combinations of mesh and sceneries possible hence unexpected results!

Thanks to confirm.

Thanks Peter, your help was much appreciated. And by the way, your suggestion to change some folders as mentioned above was also necessary in my case, I was getting all sort of funny textures on the tarmac, and now everything is in order thanks also for that, I was getting ready to post another query when your suggestion became handy, and successful indeed...

Superb scenery and one I am extremally familiar with in RW too, so thanks a million to Aerosoft for this product!