Captain Sim 757 Configs

Mikep

I have no doubt that you will be very happy with Captain Sim's Block F. I'm not a salesman for either CS or Ariane (I'm just a sign maker like my tag says who loves flight sims), but I am extremely impressed with the CS 757 BF and I can't bring myself to put it down.

FSBuild just exports .pln files for FS. Captain Sim's CDU will accept .pln files and upload them to the FMS with no problem. You might want to keep the file name simple like KSEA-KLAX.pln.

The Ariane 737-900 ERx is a very good sim, but because of Ariane's higher price, I would hesitate to strongly urge someone to just run out and buy it. Although I enjoy it a lot, I don't know if everyone would. I really like the 737s and wanted to have all of the best ones and Ariane certainly is among the best. It is, what I believe, to be an accurate simulation of the 737-900, it has all of the systems (although it is missing a FIX page). It works real well with TrackIR in virtual cockpit (Captain Sim's does also) and like Captain Sim's, it has very intuitive switches in the virtual cockpit that are easy to work with a mouse.

The things that I think could be improved with Ariane is, it needs a FIX page on the CDU which would help in making non-precision landings, and it has a little bit of "blurries" on some details in the cockpit which are unrelated to the flying systems. Don't get me wrong, the main stuff is very clear and sharp and it has a beautiful cockpit, its just some details that are non-functional are blurred a little at least with my settings.

I guess Captain Sim spoiled me with that because even the fuses on the upper panels are so clear and sharp that you can read the little lettering on them. You can even read the title of the books inside the cockpit. (I have one of them).

The things that I like about Ariane's 737-900 ERx, is that it is very responsive and feels like the real thing (or what I think it should feel like), it is a beautiful model, It has all of the flight systems including the IRS. (it does not simulate the pressurization system or the air conditioning system). The engine sound is, by far, better than any 737 that I have. Also there is no other simulation that has all of the accurate sounds that the switches and knobs make on the flight panel like Ariane's does in its FSX model. When you turn a knob that is supposed to click, it clicks with Ariane. When you flip a switch, it has the heavy sound of an aircraft switch. (also Ariane said that they are working on FIX logic for the CDU to be released with a future service pack).

I believe that PMDG is working on a new model of 737 that will probably be much better than the present one when it is released.

My experience tells me that no simulation is perfect. There are choices that the developer has to make on what he feels is important to include into the sim. Some of the things that some developers may feel are unimportant, like IRS, pressurization systems, a/c systems, system test buttons, good cockpit lighting, etc., some customers may put more importance on. Although I believe Captain Sim has come closest to hitting the sweat spot, leaving one or the other out doesn't make a bad airline sim to me.

The things that disappoint me after purchasing a sim is unstableness, no FMS, poor non-functional virtual cockpit, unrealistic sound, unrealistic feel, poor support. I have bought some like this too. One of the ones that I bought, when I registered and looked on the support forums, the newest answer from the developer was made in like 2006. That's not a good sign.

It just concerns me when good developers, like Captain Sim or Ariane, become targets for negative posts from a lot of people that have never tried their sims. A bad reputation spread on forums like this one, which is very active, can easily ruin a developer. I don't want to see that happen to the ones that make products that I enjoy.

Captain Sim has a very strict format for approaching support issues, but he will support his product and he has for me before. Ariane wants you to read the manuals they provide and will let you know if something your asking is covered in one of the manuals, but it is my experience that they will bend over backward to give good support for their Boeings if they are approached politely. Believe me they are used to being back-handed by people who have read all of the negative posting in Avsim, and it has taken its tole which shows in their response when they are treated poorly.

If you are used to the open support format of Level D, Aerosoft, Flight 1 or some of the others, some of this may rub you the wrong way, but its just the way they feel they have to handle support and I can go along with it.

I hope that you can get your Captain Sim loaded and working without conflict. I know you will like it as much as I do. I really can't wait until they release the FSX version of the Block F.

Bob

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no doubt that you will be very happy with Captain Sim's Block F. I'm not a salesman for either CS or Ariane (I'm just a sign maker like my tag says who loves flight sims), but I am extremely impressed with the CS 757 BF and I can't bring myself to put it down.

FSBuild just exports .pln files for FS. Captain Sim's CDU will accept .pln files and upload them to the FMS with no problem. You might want to keep the file name simple like KSEA-KLAX.pln.

The Ariane 737-900 ERx is a very good sim, but because of Ariane's higher price, I would hesitate to strongly urge someone to just run out and buy it. Although I enjoy it a lot, I don't know if everyone would. I really like the 737s and wanted to have all of the best ones and Ariane certainly is among the best. It is, what I believe, to be an accurate simulation of the 737-900, it has all of the systems (although it is missing a FIX page). It works real well with TrackIR in virtual cockpit (Captain Sim's does also) and like Captain Sim's, it has very intuitive switches in the virtual cockpit that are easy to work with a mouse.

The things that I think could be improved with Ariane is, it needs a FIX page on the CDU which would help in making non-precision landings, and it has a little bit of "blurries" on some details in the cockpit which are unrelated to the flying systems. Don't get me wrong, the main stuff is very clear and sharp and it has a beautiful cockpit, its just some details that are non-functional are blurred a little at least with my settings.

I guess Captain Sim spoiled me with that because even the fuses on the upper panels are so clear and sharp that you can read the little lettering on them. You can even read the title of the books inside the cockpit. (I have one of them).

The things that I like about Ariane's 737-900 ERx, is that it is very responsive and feels like the real thing (or what I think it should feel like), it is a beautiful model, It has all of the flight systems including the IRS. (it does not simulate the pressurization system or the air conditioning system). The engine sound is, by far, better than any 737 that I have. Also there is no other simulation that has all of the accurate sounds that the switches and knobs make on the flight panel like Ariane's does in its FSX model. When you turn a knob that is supposed to click, it clicks with Ariane. When you flip a switch, it has the heavy sound of an aircraft switch. (also Ariane said that they are working on FIX logic for the CDU to be released with a future service pack).

I believe that PMDG is working on a new model of 737 that will probably be much better than the present one when it is released.

My experience tells me that no simulation is perfect. There are choices that the developer has to make on what he feels is important to include into the sim. Some of the things that some developers may feel are unimportant, like IRS, pressurization systems, a/c systems, system test buttons, good cockpit lighting, etc., some customers may put more importance on. Although I believe Captain Sim has come closest to hitting the sweat spot, leaving one or the other out doesn't make a bad airline sim to me.

The things that disappoint me after purchasing a sim is unstableness, no FMS, poor non-functional virtual cockpit, unrealistic sound, unrealistic feel, poor support. I have bought some like this too. One of the ones that I bought, when I registered and looked on the support forums, the newest answer from the developer was made in like 2006. That's not a good sign.

It just concerns me when good developers, like Captain Sim or Ariane, become targets for negative posts from a lot of people that have never tried their sims. A bad reputation spread on forums like this one, which is very active, can easily ruin a developer. I don't want to see that happen to the ones that make products that I enjoy.

Captain Sim has a very strict format for approaching support issues, but he will support his product and he has for me before. Ariane wants you to read the manuals they provide and will let you know if something your asking is covered in one of the manuals, but it is my experience that they will bend over backward to give good support for their Boeings if they are approached politely. Believe me they are used to being back-handed by people who have read all of the negative posting in Avsim, and it has taken its tole which shows in their response when they are treated poorly.

If you are used to the open support format of Level D, Aerosoft, Flight 1 or some of the others, some of this may rub you the wrong way, but its just the way they feel they have to handle support and I can go along with it.

I hope that you can get your Captain Sim loaded and working without conflict. I know you will like it as much as I do. I really can't wait until they release the FSX version of the Block F.

Bob

Thanks Bob,

Can you log into the C/S site and get to liveries? Wondering if it is just me or a site issue.

Thx,

-P

Off topic, I just landed in Madrid after close to 7 hours from KEWR in real time and WOW! I will buy anything this scenery team touches!!!

Nope, they must be working on the site. I can't log in either. They should have it up again soon. Get on DAX site and pick up some of his liveries for now. He does a great job on them.

I just bought the Madrid Airport too but I haven't had a chance to look at it yet, so I'm looking at it now with Walk and Follow and it is really awesome. If it was any more real looking, I would be able to jump in the screen! It is spread all over the place. That is one huge airport!

If you are going to purchase the Captain Sim 757, be aware that the FMC database is horribly incomplete. I set up to do a flight from LHR to LEMD. I wanted use a route provided by vRoute, but the airways are not available in the CS FMC. I created a route using a different airway with FS Build, not in CS either. I flew it in my PSS 757...still available at JustFight BTW...

Additionally, CS does not intend to work with Navigraph. There is a post by them stating they hope to make it so the FMC database can be edited by the user......simply stupid....

If you like a lot of eye candy like someone else on this thread....CS 757 is your aircraft....if you want a serious aircraft for serious simulation....save your money....just take a look through the CS forum...that will tell you all you need to know....

If you are going to purchase the Captain Sim 757, be aware that the FMC database is horribly incomplete. I set up to do a flight from LHR to LEMD. I wanted use a route provided by vRoute, but the airways are not available in the CS FMC. I created a route using a different airway with FS Build, not in CS either. I flew it in my PSS 757...still available at JustFight BTW...

Additionally, CS does not intend to work with Navigraph. There is a post by them stating they hope to make it so the FMC database can be edited by the user......simply stupid....

If you like a lot of eye candy like someone else on this thread....CS 757 is your aircraft....if you want a serious aircraft for serious simulation....save your money....just take a look through the CS forum...that will tell you all you need to know....

Just to review my posts for you, I said that Captain Sim's 757 Block F has ALL of the systems that Level D has PLUS a ton of extra eye candy. It is a better flight simulation model. More is better than Less, when making a serious simulation. Simulating means replicating the model as closely as possible. Having TrackIR with a fully functional virtual cockpit is a more realistic and serious simulating than 2d tunnel vision provided by Level D in 2d view. Real pilots don't look straight ahead all of the time and fuzzy pictures for overhead panels, etc. is not a "serious" accurate simulation. That is why all of the new releases have fully working virtual cockpits. That is why FSX went to virtual cockpit as their default view.

"ALL and PLUS" those are the key words in my post about the actual flight model, not the nav database. That comes with time.

AIRACs that update are made by people like NAVData, not the developer, and they have to decide to make them available on their own. Even if they decide to make the database, it will take a while. It is not something that they will plop on your lap overnight.

I think I previously stated that the advantage of Level D is that it has a lot of of nav data available because it has been out so long. As far as the flight sim model, Captain Sim surpasses it. That is all that I said. If you are trying to read more than that in the statement then your making the mistake.

Captain Sim's Block F was just recently released. It is a given that it won't have the nav data support of Level D or PMDG until it has been out for a while. People are already starting approach NAVData about making AIRACs available. I will also.

With Block F, make your flights with the nav data available. If you want to go somewhere that is not in the database, then use Level D for now.

Captain Sim has stated in the forums:

"Just a short update: v2.0 purchased after 2000Z 05MAY08 does not contain TERMINAL PROCEDURES db files.

The TP files will be available free of charge but separately via: http://planepath.com/html/CaptSim.html

For details please contact:

Terry Yingling

http://PlanePath.com

PlanePath(at)sw.rr.com "

Well they took my money but I can not seem to get any support or site access...

Not a good start and if the FMC is really not Navigraph compatible I have a feeling C/S will remain in the hangar...

-P

Not a good start and if the FMC is really not Navigraph compatible I have a feeling C/S will remain in the hangar...

-P

Sorry to read that Mate...I'm also sorry to see that the same people are going around to different forums to promote a 2nd rate addon as equivalent to LDS and PMDG quality. I got sucked in too. I'll just have to call it another learning experience...

SMB--before you write another ill informed book on this or any any other forum I just want remind you of the old saying...."keep your mouth shut and let 'em think your stupid...open your mouth and prove your stupid." Make your choice BOB...

wanabe, I really think the stupid one would be the one who cannot read what is in the previous posts. Before posting this far down, one should read and try their best to comprehend what is in the other posts. That way when they make a post, it won't look too stupid.

I'm not trying to sell Captain Sim's or anyone else's sim. I could care less whether you buy it or not. I said that I liked it and I said that I felt the flight model is better than Level D. I own both of them and it is. I also said (and I'll repeat this again just for you) that Level D has been around for a while and has very good nav data support. That is Level D's big advantage right now, not its flight model. Is there a problem with me stating my opinion? Do you have to run out and buy it because I said that I like it?

Phil didn't buy it because I said that I liked it. He bought it because he wanted to based on all of his research. I really don't think Phil is a little puppy that can be led around by the nose. He checked around and found that other people were also pleased with Captain Sim's Block F and that gave him the confidence to try it.

Let me make a blanket statement that will cover all new airline simulations for you, because there are several coming out in the near future and you sound like you need some of my wisdom.

Listen up now, here it is: "Any brand new simulation that is released may not have the full nav data support as soon as it is released, I don't care who makes it, unless it is compatible with the nav data of a previous version"

I'm sure that when Level D or PMDG first came out with their models, all of the nav data was not available for them either. That kind of support doesn't happen overnight. I believe that within a year we will be seeing Captain Sim's Block F having similar data support, but that is just based on common logic.

Bob

-P

Phil, I tried to log onto the website also and they must be doing maintenance to it, because I couldn't either. Log onto the forums if you need support, until they get the website working.

I'll tell you, I tried to log onto NAVData-Support forum, but I could not, because they are also doing maintenance. I guess it's just a necessary evil :(

wanabe, I really think the stupid one would be the one who cannot read what is in the previous posts. Before posting this far down, one should read and try their best to comprehend what is in the other posts. That way when they make a post, it won't look too stupid.

I'm not trying to sell Captain Sim's or anyone else's sim. I could care less whether you buy it or not. I said that I liked it and I said that I felt the flight model is better than Level D. I own both of them and it is. I also said (and I'll repeat this again just for you) that Level D has been around for a while and has very good nav data support. That is Level D's big advantage right now, not its flight model. Is there a problem with me stating my opinion? Do you have to run out and buy it because I said that I like it?

Phil didn't buy it because I said that I liked it. He bought it because he wanted to based on all of his research. I really don't think Phil is a little puppy that can be led around by the nose. He checked around and found that other people were also pleased with Captain Sim's Block F and that gave him the confidence to try it.

Let me make a blanket statement that will cover all new airline simulations for you, because there are several coming out in the near future and you sound like you need some of my wisdom.

Listen up now, here it is: "Any brand new simulation that is released may not have the full nav data support as soon as it is released, I don't care who makes it, unless it is compatible with the nav data of a previous version"

I'm sure that when Level D or PMDG first came out with their models, all of the nav data was not available for them either. That kind of support doesn't happen overnight. I believe that within a year we will be seeing Captain Sim's Block F having similar data support, but that is just based on common logic.

Bob

As stated earlier "...open your mouth and prove you're..."

Q.E.D.

As stated earlier "...open your mouth and prove you're..."

Q.E.D.

Bob, when you say everything inside the VC I guess that is everything BUT the CDU that opens a 2-D popup still? The first route I entered built in FSBuild from LEMD-LLBG left me with a blank CDU, I guess it couldn't recognize the route or airports? Oh well, no time to dilly dally tonight I only have limited time so I am firing up the LVL-D to complete the flight,

-P

Going to check ACE real quick to make sure it is correctly pointing to my flights just in case to see if I can get the CDU fired up.

Yep, it sure was. But it is looking for a .flt? Isn't that a default saved flight?

ok, got it, you have to import a .pln in the CDU, you can't just type LEMDLLBG in COROUTE...

So far as I can see the VC night lighting s*cks... There is no way to black the cockpit out with just the gauges illuminated. If any lights are on in the VC it is like they are all on. It is really annoying.

And to me the whole cabin is pointless because I prefer wingviews anyway.

It's true that the night lighting could and should be improved. Hopefully they'll fix that in a future patch. Someone else posted about that in their forums already. I may go in and say something about it too. You can turn down the lighting from the button on the overhead panel, but you can't turn off the ambient lighting completely. I don't care for that either. I don't think about it that much though.

I really like how the CDU is set up in virtual cockpit. Just one click on the screen brings it up in a 2d popup where it is easily read. I think that is a strong point, although I would rather it had the option of being able to just look down and actually see what page it is on the fact that there is a click spot to pop up the CDU makes up for that.

You do have to export flight plans as .PLN files for it to upload it to the CDU. It has a nice feature of being able to save the file in the CDU so flight plans that you use often will be easily selected next time you need them. I like that.

It has the most complete and functional virtual cockpit of any airline simulation that I have come across. Much better than Level D although I'm not saying that I don't like Level D, because I do. Right now I just like Captain Sim's Block F better.

Bob

It's true that the night lighting could and should be improved. Hopefully they'll fix that in a future patch. Someone else posted about that in their forums already. I may go in and say something about it too. You can turn down the lighting from the button on the overhead panel, but you can't turn off the ambient lighting completely. I don't care for that either. I don't think about it that much though.

I really like how the CDU is set up in virtual cockpit. Just one click on the screen brings it up in a 2d popup where it is easily read. I think that is a strong point, although I would rather it had the option of being able to just look down and actually see what page it is on the fact that there is a click spot to pop up the CDU makes up for that.

You do have to export flight plans as .PLN files for it to upload it to the CDU. It has a nice feature of being able to save the file in the CDU so flight plans that you use often will be easily selected next time you need them. I like that.

It has the most complete and functional virtual cockpit of any airline simulation that I have come across. Much better than Level D although I'm not saying that I don't like Level D, because I do. Right now I just like Captain Sim's Block F better.

Bob

Could be improved? It is flat out horrible. I went to do a night flight from LEMD-LLBG and had to switch to the LVL-D that you keep saying the C/S bird is so much better than... I have no plans to do a night flight in real time without being able to shut off the lights in the VC. To me that is a HUGE deal but hey, that is just me.

PMDG has adjustable lighting, LVL-D has adjustable lighting and even PSS has adjustable lighting.

PMDG has full FMC/CDU manipulation from within the VC as does PSS. LVL-D has the exact same functionality as C/S.

All of the above have more thorough Database support.

You keep saying it has the most complete and functional virtual cockpit of any sim you have come across. The PMDG birds or even the PSS birds can do everything the C/S bird can do + have decent night lighting + have a working CDU inside the VC. The only thing that doesn't work inside the LVL-D VC is the CDU (same as C/S) and some radio knobs not modelled in FS on the pedestal. LVL-D even has a GPWS test in the VC, C/S doesn't.

No offense Bob, I went along with you and decided to give it a try but other than the eye candy, I can not see anything that puts this A/C up there as the best in FS today. :unsure:

To the contrary, its horrible night lighting, poor database support and incompatibility with 3rd party FMC updates combined with the fact I haven't been able to get onto the website or into the forum since buying put this right where I originally thought it would be. WAY BELOW LVL-D which is bug-free at this point, WAY BELOW the PMDG 744 And EVEN the 737 and MAYBE on par with PSS but then again, they don't exist anymore LOL...

At least now I can say I put my money where my mouth is but these are some pretty glaring holes that put C/S way down the totem pole unless you are judging by eye candy and pointless animations...

To each his own and I am really glad you think it is the best A/C in FS today, it is not as bad as I originally thought but it sure as H#LL ain't as good as you make it out to be and it sure isn't MUCH better than a bug free database complete LVL-D...

IMHO you have the two top developers in FS today PMDG and LVL-D who provide the best most complete most bug free products coupled with the best support available in terms of FS Heavy A/C.

Then you have everyone else including PSS, Wilco and C/S who combine decent products with poor customer experiences and mediocre support at best. The chances of them ever actually going back and COMPLETING a product is a cr*pshoot at best...

So after spending the money and going through the C/S experience my opinion has not changed at all.

Sorry Bob, you are comparing a Toyota Camry to the new BMW M5. But there are always people who will swear their Toyota is nicer LOL :lol:

More power to you Bob, I really hope you enjoy your C/S, I sincerely do.

I will stick to my LVL-D PMDG or PSS unless I have an all daytime flight that doesn't require full database support and I will keep advising that people save their money and spend them on AES credits opposed to the C/S 757...

Just my .02

-P

Just my .02
The most profound and true comment in your whole post.

You say it is "horrible" because you don't like the lighting. I say Level D is a great sim, but is not as good as Captain Sim's because it is missing many of the great features that I like in Captain Sim's 757, like realistic weather radar and fully functional (ok, except for popup CDU, which is not an inconvenience at all) virtual cockpit.

All of my flights are done in virtual cockpit with TrackIR. As far as I'm concerned, if an airline sim does not have a fully functional virtual cockpit along with the complex flight systems, it will probably spend a lot of time in my hanger in mothballs.

I consider a fuzzy, flat, pixilated picture for an overhead panel (in your BMW), unacceptable in a modern airline simulation. That is just to my standards. Obviously that doesn't bother you or you do all of your flying in 2d, which is also unacceptable to me. If I wanted to do all of my flying in 2d, I would just use free-ware.

I don't have any problem with PMDG's 747-400 and never said anything other than that Captain Sim's 757 Block F was in the same class. Which I do feel that it is.

The 3rd party supported Nav database will come in time for the Block F, and has nothing to do with the simulation model. Captain Sim doesn't control that any more than Level D or PMDG. They are supported by the 3rd party database because Navigraph made the database and supported them. Eventually Captain Sim will also be supported. One sim that is supported by Navigraph is not worth bull dung and I know that for a fact so that in itself doesn't say anything about the sim.

Right now Navigraphs forums are down. Does that mean that there not worth a ____either?

There is a notice at the front of Captain Sim's website (just like Navigraph's) that says that they are in the process of rebuilding their website and it will be down for periods until that is finished. The forums are not down and you can post any questions on it.

I never told you to spend any of your hard earned money. If you did, it was completely on your own. All I am saying is that I like Captain Sim's 757 Block F much better than any 757-767 model that is out there now and surely you didn't spend all of that money trying to change my mind. If you did, it was wasted because your .02 hasn't changed my opinion at all. As far as I can see, you have not given any meaningful criticism other than your predisposition. I still like Captain Sim's Block F much better than Level D and I know that that opinion is being shared by many who are discovering what a great simulation it is.

Also if you think Level D is "bug free" then you haven't been on their support forums.

Enjoy, :D

Bob

Well Bob, you have really outdone yourself this time...

Long winded...rude...clueless...and now just flat arrogant...

Astonishing when you think about it....

Enjoy your CS757 Bob...I'm sure the two of you will be very happy together...you can make lots and lots and lots of pretty little pictures...and for what you do functionality is not a requirement, so you're good to go....

Enjoy...

PSOLK-you are spot on with your assessment. As the VC is extremely important to you you may not like the LSH Maddog as they haven't delivered yet on the VC. Other than that a superb aircraft. Also of LDS and PMDG quality...

Well Bob, you have really outdone yourself this time...

Astonishing when you think about it....

Enjoy your CS757 Bob...I'm sure the two of you will be very happy together...you can make lots and lots and lots of pretty little pictures...and for what you do functionality is not a requirement, so you're good to go....

Enjoy...

PSOLK-you are spot on with your assessment. As the VC is extremely important to you you may not like the LSH Maddog as they haven't delivered yet on the VC. Other than that a superb aircraft. Also of LDS and PMDG quality...

Bob,

You have just becoming a typing contradiction at this point. In fact if anyone has not backed up their posts with facts it is you and then when I do present real issues you just glance over them and say that C/S is better because the graphics on the O/H are less blurry? On a 28 inch monitor at 1920x1200, nothing is blurry... Here is my link, I am NOT a 2-D flyer LOL http://home.comcast.net/~psolk/3monitorsa.html

You just keep talking about how much better than everything else C/S is. On the one hand you spend a considerable amount of time comparing the C/S to EVERY payware A/C out there stating it is of PMDG and LVL-D quality and the BEST simulation in FS today? Then you turn around and say you never compared it to PMDG???

First you call me all sorts of names and talk about how I am slandering C/S and Ariane b/c I haven't even tried BlockF. So then I try it, find some glaring holes in a matter of minutes and you come back here and tell me I haven't given you any reasoning. Yes, for me not being able to turn off the lights in the VC is a big deal, not having N-Dac database support is a big deal for me. Spending 3-4 days waiting for support or to even get into a forum after I paid all that money is a big deal to me.

That is my opinion Bob, sorry it doesn't mesh with the glorious all hailing picture that you paint. I am just adding a few strokes of reality.

Then you compare C/S support to Navigraph. Navigraph isn't selling an A/C and didn't just release a new product!!! Compare them to PMDG or LVL-D support if you want apples-apples. You think they would release their A/C and then immediately dissapear, I think not! Oh wait, you cant compare b/c PMDG and LVL-D provide the best support in the industry. How often do you hear someone complaining about PMDG or LVL-D support? How about C/S? Big Difference....

Bob, do not flatter yourself that I spent money to change your mind. I spent money to see what the hype was about so I can make my own informed judgement AFTER buying BlockF and like I said, it is not as bad as I thought but it sure as H*ll ain't as good as you make it out to be.

At least now when I say something about C/S I can do it with first hand experience...

Like Kiwi said:"Long winded...rude...clueless...and now just flat arrogant..."

That sums it up for me, go enjoy Bob, i am truly glad you are so happy, I just don't share your glowing sentiments and said so. Sorry that bothers you so much and keeps warranting these long winded responses.

Let's just agree to disagree and move on, I really can not be bothered with this anymore, I am going to Fly and enjoy the limited time off that I get in my life...

All the best everyone,

-Paul

As I mentioned, I spend more money trying to get into a girls pants on a Saturday night so I could care less about the $$$ I just feel better knowing that I can speak about BlockF in an educated manner opposed to just speculating as I did in the beginning. As we say, I ate my own dog food...

Bob,

You have just becoming a typing contradiction at this point. In fact if anyone has not backed up their posts with facts it is you and then when I do present real issues you just glance over them and say that C/S is better because the graphics on the O/H are less blurry? On a 28 inch monitor at 1920x1200, nothing is blurry... Here is my link, I am NOT a 2-D flyer LOL http://home.comcast.net/~psolk/3monitorsa.html

You just keep talking about how much better than everything else C/S is. On the one hand you spend a considerable amount of time comparing the C/S to EVERY payware A/C out there stating it is of PMDG and LVL-D quality and the BEST simulation in FS today? Then you turn around and say you never compared it to PMDG???

First you call me all sorts of names and talk about how I am slandering C/S and Ariane b/c I haven't even tried BlockF. So then I try it, find some glaring holes in a matter of minutes and you come back here and tell me I haven't given you any reasoning. Yes, for me not being able to turn off the lights in the VC is a big deal, not having N-Dac database support is a big deal for me. Spending 3-4 days waiting for support or to even get into a forum after I paid all that money is a big deal to me.

That is my opinion Bob, sorry it doesn't mesh with the glorious all hailing picture that you paint. I am just adding a few strokes of reality.

Then you compare C/S support to Navigraph. Navigraph isn't selling an A/C and didn't just release a new product!!! Compare them to PMDG or LVL-D support if you want apples-apples. You think they would release their A/C and then immediately dissapear, I think not! Oh wait, you cant compare b/c PMDG and LVL-D provide the best support in the industry. How often do you hear someone complaining about PMDG or LVL-D support? How about C/S? Big Difference....

Bob, do not flatter yourself that I spent money to change your mind. I spent money to see what the hype was about so I can make my own informed judgement AFTER buying BlockF and like I said, it is not as bad as I thought but it sure as H*ll ain't as good as you make it out to be.

At least now when I say something about C/S I can do it with first hand experience...

Like Kiwi said:"Long winded...rude...clueless...and now just flat arrogant..."

That sums it up for me, go enjoy Bob, i am truly glad you are so happy, I just don't share your glowing sentiments and said so. Sorry that bothers you so much and keeps warranting these long winded responses.

Let's just agree to disagree and move on, I really can not be bothered with this anymore, I am going to Fly and enjoy the limited time off that I get in my life...

All the best everyone,

-Paul

As I mentioned, I spend more money trying to get into a girls pants on a Saturday night so I could care less about the $$$ I just feel better knowing that I can speak about BlockF in an educated manner opposed to just speculating as I did in the beginning. As we say, I ate my own dog food...

Well here is a kicker for you....

The last flight I did before installing C/S was with the PSS 777. I tried to go and fly her again this morning after installing C/S last night and instant CTD in the aircraft selection screen as soon as I selected any PSS bird. I copied backups over, no luck, I copied backup gauges over, no luck, checked the registry and everything was fine so I removed the state.cfg as a last resort. This time I got an error instead of a straight CTD pointing to FSwxr gauge. I copied my original version over and I am now back in my PSS T7 on the tarmac at EWR. So it appears there is a conflict in the gauge version and C/S "may" render your PSS installations useless.

Just thought this might help others if you run into it...

-Paul

I'm sure the two of you will be very happy together...you can make lots and lots and lots of pretty little pictures...and for what you do functionality is not a requirement, so you're good to go....

..and your talking about Level D's overhead panel?

...and your talking about yourself?

This thread has made me laugh more than a Saturday Night Live skit. :lol:

I hate to say it but this disagreement is worse two flight attendants fighting over who is going to serve a passenger :huh:

or two kids fighting over who has the better father, "My dad can beat up your dad!" <_<

Everyone has a right to his or her own opinion but guys there is no reason to turn it into a Holy War! :blink:

Bob & Paul, Please just agree to disagree and call it good. ;)

'nuf said! B)

This thread has made me laugh more than a Saturday Night Live skit. :lol:

I hate to say it but this disagreement is worse two flight attendants fighting over who is going to serve a passenger :huh:

or two kids fighting over who has the better father, "My dad can beat up your dad!" <_<

Everyone has a right to his or her own opinion but guys there is no reason to turn it into a Holy War! :blink:

Bob & Paul, Please just agree to disagree and call it good. ;)

'nuf said! B)

This is so rich.....Chris B. is a beta tester for the CS757 and answers many of the CS Forum support questions; when they are open that is... And Chris, you are far more helpful than the CS people.

I notice you have a PMDG, LSH MD and LVLD signature banner, but not a one from CS......now...that really says it all :lol:

PSOLK-I had the same problem you describe above, but I was able to solve it by just copying over the PSS folders files with the backups I keep on an external hardrive. After that both A/C worked as before.

'nuff said....LMAO

Sorry if I'm picking on you Chris as you do try to be helpful over at CS, but this sig banner thing just cracks me up....

Now this is rich.....Chris B. is a beta tester for the CS757 and answers many of the CS Forum support questions; when they are open that is... And Chris, you're far more helpful than the CS people.

Thank you, I think, Kiwiwanabe, I just try to help out when and were I can.

I notice you have a PMDG, LSH MD and LVLD signature banner, but none for CS......that says it all :lol:

nuff said....LMAO

Yes, I was one of the beta testers for the CS F block but I have also tested for other developers.

Did CS do a good job with it?

Well, what was released is 100% better then the first beta I got to test.

Did CS fix all of the bugs and squawks that I sent them in my report?

No, only about 50% were fixed.

Do I fly the CS 757?

Yes, and I have fun with it because I know that if I have any trouble with it, no one is going to die when I hit the escape button.

In my opinion I rank the aircraft with FMC that I own in this order;

PMDG 747

Level D 767

LSH Maddog 2006

Flight 1 ATR 72

PMDG 737 (both)

Lago Maddog 2004

Captain Sim 757

PSS (all Aircraft)

Wilco Airbus

Anyway, now ya know the rest of the story! :lol:

Thank you, I think, Kiwiwanabe, I just try to help out when and were I can.

Yes, I was one of the beta testers for the CS F block but I have also tested for other developers.

Did CS do a good job with it?

Well, what was released is 100% better then the first beta I got to test.

Did CS fix all of the bugs and squawks that I sent them in my report?

No, only about 50% were fixed.

Do I fly the CS 757?

Yes, and I have fun with it because I know that if I have any trouble with it, no one is going to die when I hit the escape button.

In my opinion I rank the aircraft with FMC that I own in this order;

PMDG 747

Level D 767

LSH Maddog 2006

Flight 1 ATR 72

PMDG 737 (both)

Lago Maddog 2004

Captain Sim 757

PSS (all Aircraft)

Wilco Airbus

Anyway, now ya know the rest of the story! :lol:

Thank you for that breath of reality Chris I could not agree more with your rankings, I think I need to give the Maddog a try, I have heard unanimously good things about it...

Kiwi, you and I are right there man, we see eye to eye ;)

I kept telling Bob repeatedly that I am sincerely glad that he is enjoying his C/S bird, I just can't agree with his claims that it is the best bird in FS right now and I certainly can not agree it is better than the LVL-D and PMDG... Like you said Chris, is it a decent bird, yes, can you take it for what it is worth and have fun with it, yes but it is just that, good for what it is...

Don't know why it had to turn into all of this and as I said earlier:

"Let's just agree to disagree and move on, I really can not be bothered with this anymore, I am going to Fly and enjoy the limited time off that I get in my life...

All the best everyone,

-Paul"

Chris,

Thank you for your reply and also for the work you do with developers. I was afraid my post might be offensive to you and that's why I put the last little blurb in there. I just couldn't resist the urge to point out my observation...

I'll also point out that you are the voice of reason, especially over at the CS forums. Obviously, I'm not happy with that product, but it is a bit of relief seeing you working to help others make the best of a bad situation, whereas the CS guys respond with a RTFM or demand actual pages from a Boeing manual to to point out what the simulation should do.

Please know I am a true and real fan of what you do...

Cheers

Thank you for that breath of reality Chris I could not agree more with your rankings, I think I need to give the Maddog a try, I have heard unanimously good things about it...

Kiwi, you and I are right there man, we see eye to eye ;)

I kept telling Bob repeatedly that I am sincerely glad that he is enjoying his C/S bird, I just can't agree with his claims that it is the best bird in FS right now and I certainly can not agree it is better than the LVL-D and PMDG... Like you said Chris, is it a decent bird, yes, can you take it for what it is worth and have fun with it, yes but it is just that, good for what it is...

Don't know why it had to turn into all of this and as I said earlier:

"Let's just agree to disagree and move on, I really can not be bothered with this anymore, I am going to Fly and enjoy the limited time off that I get in my life...

All the best everyone,

-Paul"

You're welcome Paul, I can only call 'em as I see 'em! ;)

By the way be advised that the LHS Maddog 2006 doesn't have a VC. It's still a lot of fun if you're a "button pusher" or like following proceedures.

Sorry if I'm picking on you Chris as you do try to be helpful over at CS, but this sig banner thing just cracks me up....

No harm, Kiwiwanabe, if you can't have a good belly laugh once in a while life would be dull! Besides if you look at my sig you see I used to fly for US Airways and you wana talk about being picked on..... Now that's a whole 'nother story! :rolleyes:

Keep 'em flying!

Tower controller, "US Air 1158, looks like you were a little left of center on your landing there!"

Captain US Air 1158, "That's affirm, Tower, and my First Officer was a little right of center! US Air 1158 G'day!" :blink:

Hello Chris. It's good to see your post and it has been fun for me too, but you're right, I can agree to disagree. I'm always willing to do that.

I never thought that CS Block F is a better sim than PMDG's 747 and I don't believe I've said that anywhere. I'm mainly saying that I always fly in virtual cockpit and CS has a much better VC than LD. LD is a great sim, but I know that a lot of people are disappointed with it's VC in the FSX model because it is not improved over the FS9 model. The Level D simulation is great, it has wonderful support (second to none) and it has a great nav database available to it, it just has a very poor VC.

If all you do is fly in 2d like many serious simmers do, then it probably wouldn't make any difference to you. I love my TrackIR and 2d just doesn't satisfy my yearning. I love a fully functional VC like CS has and PMDG and also Ariane.

All I've said is that CS Block F is now in the same league with Level D in a 757/767 type Boeing. That's not putting down Level D. The fact that I like CS isn't a claim, it is just an opinion and just my opinion. Some folks seem to get upset and start name calling, if your opinion is different from theirs. When that happens, it just starts morphing the whole discussion into something unattractive. I apologize for even partaking in that to the degree that I did. It's just that sometimes when I'm posting on these forums, I should really be in bed.

But really Chris, the fact that you are a real airline pilot and also beta tested CS forces me to bow down humbly to your opinion, which I consider much more valid than mine. I have to say that I agree with you that PMDG 747 is the standard for airline sims (and it also has a great VC).

I don't judge them as "sims with FMS" since I wouldn't even consider having a sim that had an FMS in real life and not in the sim (or a dumb down version). I tend to judge them in categories of models like best 737s, best 747, best 757/767, and although I don't know much about flying the MD 80 yet, I guess there are several of them out too and I have a couple of them (F1 Super 80 and Maddog). I'm also crazy about my Flight 1 ATR 72-500 and also my Majestic Dash8. Both are great turbo-prop sims.

It's funny I haven't heard of "Lago" MD80, but I just got on their website and got a Malware warning from my antivirus software. I cut that short quick.

I don't like to compare the 737 sims with the 747s, etc., because I want to have both, so I try to look for the best of each. That is also why I hate to see someone say that PMDG or Level D should be the only airline developers in existence, because I want to have the options of choice.

I'm not saying that I don't like Level D, or PMDG because I do. I especially love the PMDG 747-400X and the upgraded Queen.

I also have the Maddog, but I am having trouble with it. It is crashing to the desktop and I couldn't get them to validate my login on the support forums so I could get some help. I have to check to see if I can get on now. I haven't checked in a while.

Update: Now I can log into their forums. Gosh sakes, their more upset about not having a virtual cockpit over there than anyone. I thought the really hard core simmers using that Maddog didn't need a virtual cockpit. Looks to me like the customers down at Maddog are getting down right nasty about the lack a VC that they were promised. There giving those poor developers a rough time. Maybe I'll be able to get my Maddog going and see for myself. I see that the "Learn The Maddog" video is about to be released Learn The Maddog Video so I've got to get my order in.

I also must add that I appreciate that everyone is happy that I am enjoying my Captain Sim 757 Block F. That makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. ;)