Another problem with “redeem code” functionality

Go to solution Solved by mopperle,

Hello,

In August 2020 I bought the premium version of MSFS on DVDs from Aerosoft. The code supplied with the DVDs enabled activation in the MSStore. In 2021 I changed the PC and the transfer via the redeem option caused no problems.

A few days ago, due to errors, I completely deleted MSFS (uninstall in apps) and now I can no longer make it appear in the MSStore. All the "redeem" attempts have failed. I contacted MSFS and Microsoft supports and in both cases the answer was to contact Aerosoft. I've been doing this for over a week and I'm still waiting for a reply. Hence my intervention on this forum. Thank you very much for your help.

Best regards

• Deputy Sheriffs
  • Solution

Sorry to hear that you have problems to get your MSFS up and running.

The answer you got from MS is typical.

The MSFS and their store are their products and under their control. nothing Aerosoft can do here.

The activation code is also supplied by MS. Once you activated the MSFS, the code is tied to your MS Store Account. This allows you to install the MSFS Independent from your hardware, and as you wrote this worked in the past.

What you can do: go to the MS Store, download the Xbox App, install it, login with your Microsoft Store Account and you should see the MSFS.   

Hello,

Thank you very much for answering. Xbox App is already available on my PC. You are right I can see MSFS ready to be installed as in MSStore the only option was to buy it again !

Yesterday it took me 7 hours to copy the 10 DVDs in the folder I used before. Xbox is proposing me a new empty folder and I can't change (except the name as the name of this empty folder is minecraft !). It means I have to delete all was loaded from the DVDs.

If I click on install will I have again to enter the code (normally no as it is stored in my Microsoft profile) ?

Best regards

PS I created a new folder on D:\ (where MSFS was locates previously) with the name MSFS. The problem is that D:\ is no more proposed and Xbox insists to install on D:\Minicraft. I have not found where to modify (I have not found in settings). Management between Xbox, Microsoft, MSStore is quite boring as you are always asked for giving (ident, pw with double authentification !!!)

• Deputy Sheriffs

Once you have activated the MSFS, it can also be directly installed from xbox. No need to install from DVD.

I‘m not sure whether you will be asked for the code again, too long ago when I installed from DVD. Maybe you get an error that the code has already been used.

Hello,

Thank you for the idea to try the installation with Xbox. I was thinking only about the MSStore. At the beginning I had some problem with the choice of installation disc and folder (restarting the PC helps a lot when the proposals from the system are bizzare). Now MSFS has been launched and the update is running. At the moment I have not been asked for entering a code.

Thank you again.

Best regards

Installation was successfull. I noticed the folder organization was different from previously (with MSStore). Community folder is now in WpSystem and when copying the backup of my previous Community folder I got some error messages because of too long folder names.

Anyway the idea of using Xbox instead of MSStore was the good one. Thank you

No code was required.

• Like 1