Antarctica Vol 1 Missing animations

Jenny Davis

I Didn't mean delete entire post just my empty reply

Ok will do it again 

All Animations seem to be broken or sporadic on Antarctica Vol 1 also at Rothera itself if temp is below 0 (OAT) whether stationary or in flight

boats and Orcas vanish

Hi!

Is it only the boats and orcas or also on-land traffic? The boats and orcas will only show up above 0°C to avoid having them show up when the sea shows potentially frozen.

Bests,

Sascha

Ok so it seems there are two things.

The Orcas and boats temperature thing , which you say is by design 

Secondly  land traffic at Sky Blu, Rothera and Fossil Bluff seems to work when spawning in then after a few minutes they seem to stop sometimes after 20 mins or so they move a bit then stop again.  i remember from last time i visited they did huge loops around terrain ,  now they are not

edit after watching them for about an hour some seem to move stop , move stop constantly others stop then dont move again

Still no answer to this? its been almost a week , it hasn't changed, it seems to be vicinity to the plane that's causing the issue if i move the plane or go into slew mode the anims restart

• Administrator

Hey there,

The dev has asked me to pass along an answer as he is currently offline:

"Correct, the snowmobiles and potentially some other vehicles that cross the runway/skiway will stop till the aircraft has left a certain trigger box on the ground. This is to avoid collisions wirh aircraft on the runway/skiway. This trigger box is hard coded in MSFS and quite large but then again you will see all of them moving once you're up in the air."

Hope that explains it.

OK they do move once the aircraft is moving but currently i have vehicles on the runway as they have stopped there when i spawned in.. i have video from a previous trip a couple years ago where this wasn't the case where you could sit for hours watching the animations. Also to add this isn't happening with Antarctica vol2 only with version 1.

i do understand the collisions thing but it seems to be huge at least the size of the entire scenery and isn't limited to vehicles crossing runway it is for ALL land vehicles regardless, though it does seem to be collision related , Pic shows stuck snowmobile on runway

2e03b969f3900497fc52bae56a7e489e.jpg
https://gyazo.com/2e03b969f3900497fc52bae56a7e489e

Hi!

It's all land vehicles that cross the runway at some point. This is due to Rothera's layout where most land vehicles have to cross the runway to get from one side the another (not the case for the Vol.2 airports). In care occasions it may happen they get stuck ON the runway if the trigger sets on while they're on it. Unfortunately MSFS is pretty stupid in these terms. Only alternative would be to deactivate the "Yield to user" trigger, which however may come with the downside that vehicles cross the runway while you're taking off or landing.

Bests,

Sascha