CRJ 700/900 - ILS approach - ILS/GS engaged but no guidance

Wayne Cross
Go to solution Solved by Bruce R,

Hey, good morning folks, this is my first time on this forum, so I’m hoping I’m posting this in the right location. I have been putting in a lot of hours on both the CRJ 700 and 900 and even though I get perfectly online with ILS captures the ILS and eventually engage the glideslope (both are green) in good profile, I never get guidance neither horizontal or vertical.  

Both of these stays green, airplane simply continues to fly at the Isis glide slope capture altitude. Eventually I have to disengage and manually fly (This happened all the time, and I’ve never been able to get lateral guidance no matter how perfect my approach).

Is there an issue that is known and if so, any workaround ? Your help is much appreciated as I love this aircraft and really want to ensure that after an hour and a half of flying I don’t end up with three go around. It is very frustrating.

• Solution

Hello Wayne.  Fear not.  You are describing problems a lot of people have.  The developer has promised a "major update" and work is currently in progress.  

Regards

Bruce R

Thanks for the update, Bruce.

I really do appreciate it. Something is definitely wrong for sure, I have done this so many times, and in the perfect profile and just waiting for lateral guidance with two greens and nothing, it’s very frustrating, but I’m glad it’s a known issue and I’m not necessarily doing something incorrectly

With this information, I will simply fly as if it’s VNAV then down to the touchdown zone.

I am surprised that the SoftWare has been out so long with such a major issue outstanding. Either way if you fly the CRJ you would definitely fall in love with it, so technicals to fly so much hands-on (an aircraft that loves TLC).

I do hope they fix this quickly, but very happy that at least I know to stop trying to capture and simply manually fly the profile

Thank you again for the update. I am taking it that if I stay in this forum, I should be able to get the update release date as well  ?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello again Wayne.  I think your answer is "no".  The update is coming, but when, only the developer knows.  I'm hoping for Q1 of this year.  I have my figures crossed.    

Bruce R

• 2 weeks later...