Aerosoft LEMD XP12: Jetways not working correctly

• Developer

Sounds like a bad SAM configuration... but I can't see what is wrong in your picture, can you explain this in more detail? It's a common thing when jetways slightly clip into the aircraft, aside from this your screenshot does not show anything obviously wrong to me.

In LEMD there are two jetways for most gateway blocks, in this example gates 519 and 520. However, in Aerosoft's LEMD they intersect (the one for gate 520 goes to gate 519). But there are many problems in this iteration of sim-wings. Many jetways don't work at all. The Traffic Global XP aircraft land but do not taxi to the gates. No planes take off either. So there is actually no AI traffic at all. I also have significant mesh problems on at least one taxiway. I use the Ortho4XP patch. But it seems to be faulty.

It's a shame, because the quality of the textures is much better than Taimodel's version of LEMD.

By the way, I have already patched the sam.xml, some gates are duplicated etc.

• Developer

They intersect... now I see what's wrong in your screenshot, it's the wrong jetway connecting to the aircraft. This is a configuration issue, the jetway should be restricted so it can't connect at this angle, and the other jetway... most likely is not working at all as it's doing nothing. If this kind of stuff is happening on most or many gates I think someone has to revisit the SAM configuration and redo about everything.

The other issues lead to some configuration mishaps in the airport istelf, ramp start and taxiroutes and so on.

Sadly, I don't have a quick fix for any of these issues. In theory you could use the SAM authoring tool (has to be activated in the options, dev mode -> on, then you have to modify the sam.xml and set 'locked = false' so the authoring tool can see it) to fix all the jetways but you need to learn how that works and it's quite some work to do that for larger airports. Taxi routes and Ramp starts can be configured using WED (open package, import apt.dat, import dsf, maybe fix some errors on export) - I guess there is no taxi network available at all so just importing the one from the default XP airport might do the trick and then Traffic Global might work correctly.

It's a mystery to me why Aerosoft LEMD was even released for XP12. It cannot be the customer's responsibility to fix the faulty software. If the developers had only tested the airport once before delivery, they would have noticed it immediately. The error logs are also included. These already indicate difficulties with the taxiways (see validation_report.txt)

The included earth_wed.xml cannot be opened in WED. The error message "Unable to above XML file: unclosed token" appears.

It is completely incomprehensible to me how the sim-wings team has completely squandered its reputation here.

• Developer

Yeah, that's right... it's not the user's job to fix things like this. I just don't know if or when there will be an update to the scenery so I thought it might help some users to get things fixed. If the wed file can't be opened just delete it and start from scratch, importing apt.dat and dsf files - this also gives you all the content but in a differently structured hierarchy in WED.

• 4 weeks later...

I just purchased this addon and notices exactly the same problem with all jetways.

They are mostly useless and do not connect to the aircraft at the gate when starting the flight in X-Plane 12.

Very disappointing!!

I hope Aerosoft can do something about this.

When deliberately choosing to go for payware scenery, it is certainly with the aim of having higher quality addons than what is available as freeware.

I just reinstalled my previous freeware scenery of LEMD which was pretty fine but lacked the wonderful texture of the Aerosoft addon.

So I temporarily disabled Aerosoft LEMD.

I hope it is only temporary...

We usually expect higher performances from Aerosoft sceneries.

Help would be much appreciated. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello. Are there any new developments on this issue? We would be glad to know things are being investigated with news update to keep us informed. Thanks for the work being done If any. 

• Developer

I have something in the works but the situation is a bit complicated and it's not totally clear to me currently if I may do an update because LEMD is actually another team's (Windsock Simulation) project. I don't want to interfere with Windock Simulations so I have to wait for a decision regarding who will finally do the update - all I can tell is that there will be an update adressing the issues mentioned in various topics, if the update is not done by Windsock Simulations for whatever reason I will continue my work and care for the update.

More I can't tell at this time but maybe appologize for the confusing situation.

• Developer

Just a quick update: We have sorted out things internally and the update is now in the making. Anyway, this might take some weeks until release because it has to go through the testing and publishing pipeline after the actual work is done.

• Like 2

Thanks for the update. It is highly understandable that this can take some time when considering the complexity of such sceneries. We are quite ready to wait for a good solution and looking forward to it. Cheers. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Developer

The update is in it's final stages of beta testing and should be handed over to publishing soon - once the lead tester gives me his okay, I will prepare the release and then it's up to project management to update the files, which can take some more days (the project manager responsible is currently on business trip and I'm not sure when he's back from there so I can't give you a more concrete information).

• Developer

This is a bit unusual but I have a whole bunch of screenshots to share before release so you know what you can expect from the update, which is a bit more extensive and not just a bug fix.

We have not just fixed the issues reported but everything we found that was not totally right and made LEMD a full XP12 scenery with all the modern features including new ground textures with new PBR adjusted to XP12, full support for XP12 seasons which means it also got seasonal orthophoto variations integrating into the landclass surroundings seamlessly and, of course, the scenery now uses true 3D trees all over the place and there have been a lot of additional trees added. Further the scenery now also features customized autogen and road networks, ground traffic is working again as well as the ground layout is now showing properly on the map and start selection screens.

I really hope you all like the results.

🙂

Please login to display this image.

• Like 1

Thanks for sharing all these screenshots.

The result looks amazingly gorgeous!

So I guess all SAM jetways are now fully functional and compatibility with third party AI traffic addons like Traffic Global has also been taken care of. 

Anyhow, thanks again for all the work done and for consistently following up on this project to make LEMD a full-fledged XP12 landmark airport!!

• Developer

The Jetways were the first thing I actually worked on, they should all work now as confirmed by beta testing and also the airport functionality, which was broken in some aspects, has been fixed and the airport should work fine with any kind of AI traffic now (in the old XP12 version the taxi network, although present in the files, was not loaded into the Simulator which then broke everything depending on taxi networks).

• Thanks 1

• Developer

One more update: The scenery is basically finished and ready for release but there will also be a new custom mesh fully compatible with XP12 but this is now in the works so the release will take some more weeks I think (because some stuff has to be adjusted to the new mesh and the mesh itself must be made before we can do this).

In the end this is a good thing because the old mesh, even updated with seasons and soundscape, caused some visual glitches in XP12 and this will now be fixed.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Developer

I just added my new vegetation so this will be the first scenery release using it. 🙂

• Like 2

• Developer
Am 17.2.2024 um 16:22 schrieb Eric Bouvier:

Does this also mean we will also have a FlyAgi Vegetation Library update?

Sorry, I had missed this: I have no plans for an updating the old library, the new vegetation works somewhat more complicated and simply updating the library does not do the trick, it won't lead to the results you can see on the various screenshots - the system is designed for internal use and heavily relies on color adjustements per scenery so for designers just trying to quickly place some grass in WED it would be rather confusing and maybe even frustrating.

• Thanks 1