DHC TWIN OTTER FSX 2008 ADDITION WONT RE INSTALL

Strim1150

Hi there i have had to delete my whole FSX acceleration package and addons and painfully re-intall everything this was successful until i came to the aerosoft Dhc twin otter and approaching innsbruck to which i came to the message to unistall the current version first but it gives you no way to do this so i am stuck with the situation. I have looked everywhere for any parts of the addon which could be causing this message but to no avail. I have both versions in the boxed 2008 additions. please if there is anything i can do to rectify this.

• Tom unlocked this topic
  • Administrator

Hi,

You should see something along the lines of "Aerosoft - DHC-6 Twin Otter X" within the "Add or Remove programs" section in Windows. If you manually deleted the files, the system likely still doesn't know it's been uninstalled, so uninstalling this program via the windows menu should let you install it again. 

Hi there thanks for your reply.

I have checked everything i have no dhc anywhere now i have even tried the regristry but nothing.

I am a bit lost really i can see a post from 2013 regarding this issue and it was solved but the thread disapeared. 

Im giving up, i have most of the aerosofts addons but never had such problems..Ive been told to update to the 1.21 but where is it. i spent hours searching and i cant find it. obviously no one will help me either. 

wrong forums but no help guiding me to the right one. 

anyway if anyone is out there that knows where the update is then i would be really really grateful

yours sincerely Ben

• Deputy Sheriffs

TBH, if you want us to help you, we can expect a minimum of work on your own. Finding the correct forum is very easy: you start at the homepage look for the sim you are using, then for the typ of addon (scenery or aircraft) and then for the product..

And the latest version of your product can always be found in your shop account.

Please login to display this image.

really sorry but ive never known anything so hard, i cant find the right forum or update. i may be slow but i have looked and typed in what you said and it brings up my post not the right forum.  how can you download the update twin otter 1.21 please help. I looked and ive probaly spent a number of hours looking and i can see that plenty of people get the same message. your in the wrong forum. Why is areosoft so difficult. Why cant you guide us to the right forums. 

please help 

yours faithfully

Ben

Im using Mircosoft FSX you said go to that forum which you told me was wrong. then it brings up my post, all i want to do is install my addon again surely someone has some ideas. i have honestly tried everything so does that mean the addon is useless to me, ive spent alot of money with aerosoft  i have over 20 addons from you. how do you delete something which isnt there.

its not in program and features, or the cfg or the sim objects or aerosofts section. or the regristy. 

have i missed something or does it not install again.

How do you update to the 1.21 version i honestly found it after an hour of looking and theres nothing there to download.

im starting to think this is just useless, i mean how hard can it be