TCA Airbus Quadrant (again!!!)

Bantamboy

I've tried to configure it as per the instructions on here but I just end up with a throttle that works OK between idle and TOGA but doesn't align with the CLB or FLX detents, and the reversers don't work (as the virtual buttons are disabled as they send the calibration crazy if I enable them). I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. Using updated disc versions of both FSX and the A320/321. Can anyone help? Please!!!!

19 minutes ago, SimWare said:

What instructions did you follow exactly ?
What do you mean by "the virtual buttons send the calibration crazy" ?

These instructions, when calibrating, the virtual buttons engage as the axes are moved and the calibration cycle moves on to the next item before calibrating the full range.

• Aerosoft

You have two possible solutions : 
1 - Install the Thrustmaster driver, then disable the virtual buttons, and then uninstall the Thrustmaster driver.

When using the Windows calibration utility, the virtual buttons won't trigger the "Next" anymore.

2 - Before calibrating, press any pushbutton of the stick, AND HOLD IT PRESSED THE WHOLE CALIBRATION PROCESS.
      As the "Next" button is triggered by the ON/OFF transition of a buttons, the virtual buttons won't have any impact anymore.

10 minutes ago, SimWare said:

You have two possible solutions : 
1 - Install the Thrustmaster driver, then disable the virtual buttons, and then uninstall the Thrustmaster driver.

When using the Windows calibration utility, the virtual buttons won't trigger the "Next" anymore.

2 - Before calibrating, press any pushbutton of the stick, AND HOLD IT PRESSED THE WHOLE CALIBRATION PROCESS.
      As the "Next" button is triggered by the ON/OFF transition of a buttons, the virtual buttons won't have any impact anymore.

Yup that's done the trick thank you, some of the other virtual buttons seem to be allocated to random functions but that's easily sorted. Thank you very much indeed! 

• Upvote 1

Oh, on further investigation the detents aren't quite right, idle is just a little over and climb is a tiny bit under. Would recalibration with the centred setting adjusted in a trial and error method sort this?  Cheers. 

Please login to display this image.