EDDM v2 | ILS too low (?)

disco79stu

Hi,

so I just approached EDDM v2 and I noticed that the ILS (in this case 26R, haven't tried the other ones yet) is quite off.
Following the glideslope almost perfectly I ended up way too low with 4 reds on the PAPI and no where near the threshold at 50ft AGL (see image attached). I touched down way before the aiming point.....
I know ILS' can be a bit off in MSFS but this one was pretty significant I think. You won't be able to do a CATIII (can be quite common at EDDM) with this mismatch....

Anyone else noticed this? Did I install something wrong? 

BR

Please login to display this image.

Yeah, there's definitely something wrong with the ILS.
Here's another example, this time I was exactly on visual/PAPI profile but the ILS was way below the whole time..... 

Please login to display this image.

If you use Navigraph, the ILS data is provided by Navigraph and you maybe should ask them. Did you try without Navigraph? Just for testing?

Also ILS and PAPIs on airports weren't very accurate in general since MSFS 2020 came out. Don't know what the reason is > what needs to be done to fix that on Asobo side.

vor 9 Minuten schrieb RogePete:

If you use Navigraph, the ILS data is provided by Navigraph and you maybe should ask them. Did you try without Navigraph? Just for testing?

Also ILS and PAPIs on airports weren't very accurate in general since MSFS 2020 came out. Don't know what the reason is > what needs to be done to fix that on Asobo side.

Thanks for chiming in.
Yes, I'm using up to date Navigraph airacs. I will give it a try and remove the latest airac, just to see what happens...

As I'm aware of MSFS' general struggles with accurate ILS/PAPI alignments, I still find the discrepancy described above to be somewhat more significant than on other airports, especially compared to EDDM v1, where I never had any issues with the ILS.
Also note, that it's not the general discrepancy of ILS/PAPI I'm concerned about, it's more that the ILS itself - if you'd follow it - would almost make you hit the runway approach lights.

(just a thing I noticed in hopes of improvement, that's all... :) )

• Thanks 1