MCP green indicator bars barely visible

Hello,

I had MCP for a week now and I find the brightness of green indicator bars a huge issue. When flying in the evenings and there is light turned on in the room the indicators are barely visible as per picture below. My camera has brighten up it a little - comparing A/T and CMD A there is a huge difference in brightness. Especially in the approach phase it is very problematic as you need to focus on the buttons for a few seconds to identify which ones are already active.

Is there any possible fix?

Second issue is with display titles. All of them are illuminated except for Heading. Is this how  MCP was designed or is it faulty unit?

Please login to display this image.

• 3 weeks later...

Bumping this thread 3 weeks later. It seems cockpit master prefers not to comment. I am very disappointed with the product. I gave them benefit of doubt to wait for comment and fix, now 14 day return period is long gone so I am stuck with 1k product I am not happy with. I still have efis order undelivered and most probably will cancel it to avoid more money loss.

Frantisek

• Aerosoft

Did you opened a support ticket on our Support system ?

If not, please do so and indicate also what the order number is.

When bought from us, those products come with a 2 years warranty.

I have the same problem which I have just noticed when using the device for the first time in daylight (not direct sunlight, just normal daylight on an overcast day). The lights are not visible which makes the MCP unusable in daylight. I second that there has to be a solution from the manufacturer as this is a core function from this €1000+ device.
I´ve already opened a support ticket as the manufacturer did say in his own support-forum that I have to take it as it is and he has no solution.

Please login to display this image.

• Aerosoft
1 hour ago, Art Vandalay said:

I´ve already opened a support ticket

Your ticket is received at Aerosoft. You will have an answer soon.

1 hour ago, Art Vandalay said:

the manufacturer did say in his own support-forum that I have to take it as it is and he has no solution.

Can you please show us where this was stated ? 

• Aerosoft

Thank you.
Wilson replied by private message.
We will be handling this matter via the ticket you raised with us yesterday.
You can expect a message today.

Best regards.

• Upvote 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • Aerosoft
29 minutes ago, Koala Australis said:

To update everyone: Wilson proposed solution and then stopped responding.

The exchange unit will ship next week from Cockpitmaster.

Dear,
I received the mcp and am having problems with the green lights.
The indicators are barely visible in the light, making it difficult to use.
The green lights are not as shown on the website, for an expensive device like this, this kind of problem cannot occur.
I bought the product through cockpit-simulator.
I await your feedback on how I should proceed to resolve this issue, I received the equipment on 05/05/2023.
I just sent an email to Wilson.guo@cockpit-master.com, I look forward to returning soon.

• Aerosoft

Hi,

As you purchased it from CockpitSimulator directly, we need to wait for them to answer and take care of it.

Best regards.

• 2 weeks later...