EDDB v2 dramatic fps lost.

Przemek Matan

12 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Keep in mind that this will only work on PC and only on non-Marketplace copies. Now it depends a lot on how you look at things and what kind of products, but I would guestimate these config tools only work for 30% of users. 

Yes, I'm aware of the limitations of the Marketplace environment. As a customer I avoid as hell the Marketplace. With the apps available today (Aerosoft One, Orbx Central, Cointrails, Simmarket app, etc...) I can't find Marketplace that convenient, and the interface is horrible in my opinion. Microsoft has a lot of work to do with the Marketplace and has to find how to overcome the limitations (if they really want, of course, because I suspect that a lot of the limitations are a collateral damage of they trying to have control over the content). Well, that's another topic.

I really apreciate the effort of creating a Config Tool and I'm looking forward to purchase this EDDB version 2. I was hesitant about v1 but this looks really really good now. Kudos to the developer.

Regards

• Aerosoft
7 hours ago, avduarri01 said:

Yes, I'm aware of the limitations of the Marketplace environment. As a customer I avoid as hell the Marketplace. With the apps available today (Aerosoft One, Orbx Central, Cointrails, Simmarket app, etc...) I can't find Marketplace that convenient, and the interface is horrible in my opinion. Microsoft has a lot of work to do with the Marketplace and has to find how to overcome the limitations (if they really want, of course, because I suspect that a lot of the limitations are a collateral damage of they trying to have control over the content). Well, that's another topic.

I really apreciate the effort of creating a Config Tool and I'm looking forward to purchase this EDDB version 2. I was hesitant about v1 but this looks really really good now. Kudos to the developer.

Regards

But marketplace is just part of the issue.... Keep Xbox and Cloud in mind. these are major selling platforms.

Am 1.3.2023 um 16:29 schrieb Boeingman_:

BUT: The fps drop only appears when massively when flying to EDDB. Loading a flight in EDDB is ok. (I did two test flights. One from EDDS, one from EGLL)

wild guess: I have experienced something like this with Simdocks Finkenwerder and in Dev Mode i saw that it overutilized my VRAM and then the FPS dropped massively. I decided to switch from DX12 to DX11 and that solved it.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Hello there

I have the newest EDDB V2 Version 2.1 and a very (very) strong system (Intel i13900k and RTX 4090).

I can clearly say that there are still performance problems with this scenery when flying TO EDDB (did two test flight from Zurich and one from Frankfurt): There is stutter and lack of smoothness; I don‘t have any issues at any other installed airport including Aerosoft EBBR.

On the second flight I have also disabled the interior and performance issues (i.e. lag and stutter) persist. By default most other options are disabled anyways. Especially when landing the stutters are visible so the scenery is not optimized.

I am using DX12…

I have deinstalled for now.

Please look into this!

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...

I have to agree. With all extra options turned off, the main FPS are good, but I get extreme stutters when departing, for example. I tried that with just EDDB in the Community Folder and the results are always the same. Departure 25R stutters at around halfway down the RWY and more towards the end. I wish I could downgrade to an older Version because there were not such stutters. Please look into this! 

On 2/26/2023 at 10:38 AM, Mathijs Kok said:

Okay, so you do not want animated vehicles, and 'other redundant' details.  And clearly, you have your settings very high. I can only advise you not to buy our products because we will simply not be able to deliver what you want. We do believe vehicles that move around are important and that there are no 'redundant details'. Personally, I got a less performant system than you have and simply set the sim settings to deliver the frames per second I want (for me the sweet spot is just over 30 fps). Still more than any movie in a theater!

While I am sorry you are not happy with EDDB and EBBR, we do not apologize for the massive amount of detail that is included. As I said, it is not the product, but the settings that determine your FPS. You do not like very detailed airports because your settings do not allow them to run at the FPS you want. So be it. We can never make all customers happy. 

As I believe there is nothing I can say that will convince you I will leave this conversation. 

I came here to ask if EBBR could come to Xbox, but after reading this post I'm going to assume the answer is absolotly not!