Historical chart for vintage airliners like the DC-8?

Ustio

Hi

Is there a chance that one day you will release historical non RNAV/PBN chart? Unfortunately(fortunately IRL) most airport no longer have radio based SID/STARS. Most of them required PBN which you need an aircraft that has an FMC along with its equipment requirement.

This makes the DC-8 less exciting. I missed old SID where you have to intercept certain radial at a certain distance

Cheers

Forgot to add. Doesnt have to very historic like in the 80s. Just use the one before the switch to RNAV SID/STAR is enough. So the MagVar difference isnt to great

I understand. But just wondering, there is a sign on the bottom of the chart where it says for flight sim only right? Or something like that. So you can take some creativw liberty on how to design your chart since it wont be used for flight

Like would it be possible if you make your own chart with your own style and graph so it doesnt look like LIDO or jeppesen? I know its probably going to take a lot of effort. But if you do decided to go down that road, i will be happy to pay it for historic charts

It makes no sense to even "try" to keep outdated charts since the Navaids on which the conventional charts are based on are usually withdrawn as well during the AIRAC changes. 

So basically Aerosoft would need to keep both charts and Navdata at the same historical level. On top you would also need the Navaids in the Simulator.....

The amount of work that would be required to do this would be totally insane as you would run into database / chart inconsitencies all the time. 

• Thanks 2