Landing gear not retracting

nachoc25

Hi guys!

I'd like to ask you if you have any clue about the A320 landing gear is not retracting. Everything were fine, but as I installed SimAcars to report flights, I'm not able to retract the landing gear. I press G and the lever goes up, but three greens remain lighted up. Even pressing the G many times, nothing happen. The lever moves ap/down correctly but the gear remains down.

I don´t know if you know any known bug with the landing gear or SimAcars. I'm running FSX SP2 and the AS A320/321 pack. I've also installed/updated all the .net libraries, the SimConnect and installed the last FSUIPC version.

Thanks in advance!!

Nacho.

I have been trying some things but it's impossible to retract the landing gear. I have change the key assigment and nothing happens. I've been told that SimAcars is an external program that don't interact with the simulator.

I'm thinking that it could be some FSUIPC issue? I'm running v4.9 unregistered. I don't know what else more to check.

• Aerosoft

The issue you face is basically rather simple. Something in your system resets the standard gear up command to gear down. What that is? Honestly, it can be anything.

As you say this only happened with simAcars, it simply has to be that tool. I suggest you try without so you can be sure. If that does cause the issue, I suggest asking the dev why and if there is a work-around.

We do not know what sim Acars does, as far as I know, the project was dropped a few years back (but I could be wrong). 

FSUIPC can never be the issue if you do not use it to control gear command.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

The issue you face is basically rather simple. Something in your system resets the standard gear up command to gear down. What that is? Honestly, it can be anything.

As you say this only happened with simAcars, it simply has to be that tool. I suggest you try without so you can be sure. If that does cause the issue, I suggest asking the dev why and if there is a work-around.

We do not know what sim Acars does, as far as I know, the project was dropped a few years back (but I could be wrong). 

FSUIPC can never be the issue if you do not use it to control gear command.

I have been trying 3 different settings this afternoon, just as if I were doing a real flight. I have loaded the flight plan, programmed the MCDU, connected to IVAO, connected to SimAcars, with Copilot on, with copilot off, without SimAcars..... and all those tests have worked perfectly. The only thing I didn't try was to connect to TeamSpeak, as I was making those tests in an isolated airfield and only Unicom was avaliable.

So I'm going to test tomorrow, connected to TeamSpeak and I'll check if it works or don't. AFAIK, TeamSpeak uses no keys unless you set the PTT option or any keybinding. But I have Pause for PTT and no keybinding.

Thanks again for your help.

• Thanks 1

Well, I have tried to flight today under ATC control with TeamSpeak and again, the landing gear don't retract. I think that maybe TeamSpeak interfere with something. But I don't know what. I have only tried today with copilot off, but I'm not sure if the copilot would fix it. I'll try tomorrow again with copilot on.

Any other ideas?

Is there any check during the checklist that maybe inhibits the landing gear function?? I follow all the checklist throughout from cold&dark state, but maybe I skip something (usually I follow the checklist with Copilot off)

TeamSpeak doesn't affect anything. Neither ivao's Altitude. Tested yesterday.

But I've been thinking all the night and I have another clue. I was testing yesterday, as I said before, and I realize that this issue only happens when I depart from LEMD (Madrid-Barajas). I also tried yesterday departing from LEIB (Ibiza) and gear came up perfectly. LEMD scenary is the Aerosoft Mega Airport, LEIB is FSX default scenery. I have also made another flights from other airports (EBBR, LEAS, WAJJ.....)  and the landing gear worked perfectly.

So now I'm thinking that I have not installed the VimaCoreX.dll (or Vistamare, don't recall the exact name) as I don't use AES anymore (FSX asks me to add that .dll to the trusted dll and I press NO everytime I open the sim). So maybe could that file affect to the aircraft? I know it's  just for animate the ground facilities, but as the landing gear is just this, an animation...

Thanks again for reading all this!

Well, guys.

After yesterday's tests, I have reach a conclussion: The failure is the default flight loaded at FSX startup. This is what leads me to that thought:

Load the default flight at LEMD with Mega Airport scenery on. Make all the preflight, program MCDU, etc. Take off. Landing gear does not retract.

Load the default flight at LEMD with Mega Airport scenery off. Make all the preflight, program MCDU, etc. Take off. Landing gear does not retract.

Load another flight at LEAS default scenery. Make all the preflight, program MCDU, etc. Take off. Landing gear does retract.

Load another flight at EIDW with Mega Airport on. Make all the preflight, program MCDU, etc. Take off. Landing gear does retract.

Load another flight at LEST default scenery. Set the A320 at Take off ready. Take off. Landing gear does retract.

Load another flight at LEMD with Mega Airport scenery on. Set the A320 at Take off ready. Take off. Landing gear does retract.

Exit FSX

Open FSX again.

Load the default flight at LEMD with Mega Airport scenery on. Set the A320 at Take off ready. Take off. Landing gear does not retract.

Load another flight at LEST default scenery. Set the A320 at Take off ready. Take off. Landing gear does retract.

Exit FSX

Open FSX again.

Load a flight at LEMD with Mega Airport scenery on (but not the default flight). Set the A320 at Take off ready. Take off. Landing gear does retract.

Exit FSX

So what do you think? I'm going to make a final test today loading the same situation as the default flight (same airport, same gate, cold&dark....) and see what happen.

If it works, then I'll delete the default flight and start a new flight everytime I take off from Madrid.

Regards!

After my last test yesterday, the issue is solved. I just have to change the default flight and load a new one and it works perfectly. The reason: I have no idea.

So you can close the topic if you like. Thanks for all!

Nacho.