Forum Maintenance Period (08/05/24) ×

HONEYCOMB BRAVO's features such as LEDs and rotating knobs not working in X-Plane 11 (plugin missing?)

Hi folks

Need a help. Couple weeks ago installed Bravo and X-Plane 11 for the 1 time to my laptop; everything worked fine without any intervention: LEDs, ALT/IAS/HDG/... selector and increase/decrease knobs. However, laptop wasn't powerful enough for gaming, therefore I obtained new tower which meets all requirements. Installed everything from scratch again and found out that neither LEDs nor knobs were working anymore. The rest axis are calibrating fine, no issues.

Tried to reinstall Honeycomb drivers, even created another instance of X-Plane - no luck. Log file in XPlane root directory shows no errors while pulling up honeycomb driver.

Platform: Windows 10

Assuming this is happening because AFC Bridge plugin is missing in plugin list , however having no idea how to forcedly point to it or add it into. What is more frustrating is once I plug my set of throttle/yoke/pedals to laptop - everything shines, switches and such.

Please login to display this image.

Please advise; it's really sad to get semi-working hardware for 300 bucks

vor 4 Stunden schrieb Andrei NN:

Need a help.

The AFC_Bridge belongs in the folder :\X-Plane 12\Resources\plugins, then the interface (Honeycomb) is also visible in the Plugins menu.
See also here:
https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/174194-using-the-xplane-11-honeycomb-configurator-in-xplane-12/

6 hours ago, RainerBerlin said:

The AFC_Bridge belongs in the folder :\X-Plane 12\Resources\plugins, then the interface (Honeycomb) is also visible in the Plugins menu.
See also here:
https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/174194-using-the-xplane-11-honeycomb-configurator-in-xplane-12/

Yeah, thanks for correction, was writing my post late afternoon.

Sure, NOT AFC_Bridge, but Honeycomb interface should be visible in plugin menu, but it's not, that's a whole point (see my screenshot in prev post)

As per the post you quoted, I'm using X 11, not X 12, so guessing there's no need to transfer AFC_Bridge around as it already was created by Configurator installer by default.

BTW I did experiments though and replaced AFC Bridge folder with the one from working laptop - no positive result. Compared Default_Throttle.json files in both locations (laptop and tower) - identical. 

DirectX versions - 12 for both.

To be specific, attaching log file and default profile config

Default_Throttle.json Log.txt

• Aerosoft

- Are you using Xplane 11 or Xplane 12 ? (The title of the post and the body of your emails don't match)

- Where did you download the Configurator from ?
- What profile did you load from the user interface ?

Thank you.

- X Plane 11

- From Honeycomb Aeronautical, v2.2.0, as a part of  Honeycomb driver (flyhonecomb.com/pages/drivers)

- In Honeycomb itself, I'm using default profile (copy of json posted above)

Not sure what you mean by "load from user interface"; could you please specify (screenshots would be appreciated)

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same problem.

I have tried everything I can find to resolve the issue.

the LEDs work with the test program.

it is as if x-plane 11 is not setting the LEDs.

please advise if there is a solution.

• I figured it out.
    The plug-in for Bravo throttle quadrant-was not loading.
    It was missing a DLL.
    I had to load a Microsoft C++ redistributable and it worked.

I

I have tried everything I can find to resolve the issue.

the LEDs work with the test program.

it is as if x-plane 11 is not setting the LEDs.

please advise if there is a solution.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Aerosoft
On 2/13/2023 at 3:21 PM, Andrei NN said:

Hi moderators

The issue is resolved, the topic can be closed

Thank you

33 minutes ago, Andrei NN said:

yes that's a fix I made

Thanks for the feedback.

• Aerosoft

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.