Worst plane i've ever bought

Jenny Davis

Quite simply this is appalling

Auto pilot doesn't work randomly climbs or descends by itself every flight it does something different

you increase throttle nose drops , decrease it it rises 

impossible to trim , very hard at best

cant read info on Garmin its so small

can remove tiedowns but cant put them back or if you can it doesn't say how

flaps bug on water they just keep going up and down by themselves

crabs into the wind when no crosswind , almost completely uncontrollable on runway even with no/lo wind

flaps do not seem to have any drag or affect speed i maybe wrong on this as i cant read the numbers on garmin but doesn't seem to... double checked they have no effect at all

flaps don't seem to have any lift properties after take off retracting flaps there is a noticeable pitch up (it should pitch down but hey )but lowering flaps has no effect

is it right that to fly level you're 5 degrees nose down with nose up trim?

and why no options for pilots?  just a white man,  this is 21st century

• 3 weeks later...
  • Aerosoft
On 11/9/2022 at 1:23 AM, Jenny Davis said:

you increase throttle nose drops , decrease it it rises 

Sorry for a late reply, I am trying to get some comments from the developer. 

But the way it reacts to the throttle is rather accurate. Not only is the prop centerline above the wing, it is also behind the wing. So when you apply more power you get a thrust vector ABOVE the CoG of the aircraft and that MUST result in a pitch down movement. Take away thrust without trimming and you will see a strong pitch up. That's just physics. Just look at a side view of the aircraft and I am sure you will understand that. It is why two 737 Max crashed.

I think you are comparing this aircraft with other single engine aircraft that have the prop much closer to the level of the CoG. 

• Upvote 1

• 4 months later...

Mathijs is correct. Obviously very late to this topic but the SeaRey like other planes similar to it handle in this fashion. I think this plane handles great. It is something SeaRey pilots need to get used to in transition training. Similar planes include the Lake, Icon, etc. 

• Upvote 2