I Love the new Forum Format!

Cris B.

I really love the new format of the forum. So many new things to explore and play with.

But... I can't seem to get my avatar of photo to upload, can someone tell me how to do this for I must be doing something wrong.

Anyway, the forum looks great!

• Upvote 2

• Aerosoft
I really love the new format of the forum. So many new things to explore and play with.

But... I can't seem to get my avatar of photo to upload, can someone tell me how to do this for I must be doing something wrong.

The image/avatar thing is still something we are working on, but thanks for the kind words! From now on community (web2.0 stuff) is very high on our agenda. We like to get rid of the logins where people hide behind silly names and get to an environment where people respect each other more.

• Upvote 1

Mathijs,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I couldn't agree with you more. So in keeping with that spirit I'll pick one of the standard Avatars and call it good!

• Upvote 2

The image/avatar thing is still something we are working on, but thanks for the kind words! From now on community (web2.0 stuff) is very high on our agenda. We like to get rid of the logins where people hide behind silly names and get to an environment where people respect each other more.

Excellent!

Oops, responded to the wrong thread before --- the beta forums aren't visible ... to me ...

Hello Algernon,

That's correct, we have yet to make the beta usergroups back up for them.

The priority was to get the forum online ASAP.

Beta Usergroups all being well will be online within the next 24 hrs.

Hello Algernon,

That's correct, we have yet to make the beta usergroups back up for them.

The priority was to get the forum online ASAP.

Beta Usergroups all being well will be online within the next 24 hrs.

Great, thanks, Shaun!

:lol:

Hey, we definitely need more smilies here ... ;)

[yep, I know ... high priority ... ]

Is there a way to have all threads marked "read" - the new forum forgot what I have read before ... well, I could quickly click on every thread again, but that would take a long time with all the threads in all the forums!

Why? Because if only new threads are marked, on can see "from the outside" in which subforum new stuff is to be found :lol:

Is there a way to have all threads marked "read" - the new forum forgot what I have read before ... well, I could quickly click on every thread again, but that would take a long time with all the threads in all the forums!

Why? Because if only new threads are marked, on can see "from the outside" in which subforum new stuff is to be found :lol:

Stupid me ... read first, then ask ...

... go to forum options (top right) and select ... ;)

or even quicker : double-click on the icon to the left of the name of the forum (in the main forum view)

Indeed, glad to see that phpBB gone.

Bart

We could always have, "Newbie" and "Not so Newbie" :lol:

Yep guy's, got to agree that the new look is Brill :) Two things that spring to mind which I tend to think a bit anoying at times is firstly I used to be able to come straight into the forums without having to log in every visit, am I missing something here? Secondly when you run the mouse over the smilies etc you can't tell which is which as it used to in the old forum.

Other than those I'm a happy chappy :D

I used to be able to come straight into the forums without having to log in every visit, am I missing something here?

Should be working ... you got cookies enabled for this site?

Should have as I have not changed anything within explorer. The only thing thats changed is the Forum!!

Slowly getting used to the forum new-style, it takes some time :lol:

With the new options this forum now has, will it also be possible to directly embed videos from youtube and others? I know that is now possible at the simflight forum. You need the code . Doesn't seem this code works on this forum (yet?)

And perhaps it would be nice to add a screenshot/video section to the forums?

Yes, that will work too :lol: But I was more thinking of directly playing the video in the forum topic itself. Linking it will work for now ;)

Ah yes now I see what you mean. I don't think the BBcode lets that happen.

What is the Quote button supposed to be doing? Because it doesn't appear to be doing a whole lot... Clicking on Reply will give me a quote, but then why the separate Quote button? Other than that, definitely an improvement.

What is the Quote button supposed to be doing? Because it doesn't appear to be doing a whole lot... Clicking on Reply will give me a quote, but then why the separate Quote button? Other than that, definitely an improvement.

Say a thread is locked ... you cannot reply ... but when you hit "quote" and then start a new thread, the post you marked with "quote" will be quoted ... no need for ugly copy/paste/tag stuff ... :)

I have the same problem: I must always login and I never change my IE7 settings :huh: (same problem with Opera)

I have the same problem: I must always login and I never change my IE7 settings :huh: (same problem with Opera)

It works for me with Firefox ... strange ... :huh: