Feathered props before startup

I installed the latest update. I can't get the props to feather. I read a post and one guy could keep them feathered if he feathered them and then shut the engines down. It doesn't seem to work for me. Can someone help me out? Thanks. 

3 hours ago, taw1962 said:

Prop feather should work with keyboard Ctrl+F2, or click and drag the prop levers to the feather position in the VC.

Thanks. I tried both. Still doesn't work with either key commands or prop pitch levers. My prop levers do work in flight, but they will not affect the pitch on the ground and outside the a/c. Dang. Oddly, occasionally I will load a flight and one prop is feathered from the outside view. I believe if I go inside the cockpit and go back outside both props are then not feathered. 

What is your controller setup? I realised some time ago, that my mapping of the prop pitch to a lever on the Bravo throttle set the prop to 0 (zero) when I loaded the plane. Feather is -25 I believe. I just changed the prop lever to the detent below the pitch range. Then it remained feathered.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, UnsealedKarma said:

What is your controller setup? I realised some time ago, that my mapping of the prop pitch to a lever on the Bravo throttle set the prop to 0 (zero) when I loaded the plane. Feather is -25 I believe. I just changed the prop lever to the detent below the pitch range. Then it remained feathered.

Thanks. I have old school stuff - CH Products Yoke pedals and Throttle quadrant. Interestingly, I noticed on my last couple flights that I have lost the ability to reverse the props on landing. It may be time to revisit my calibrations. Will check those out and report back.