Honeycomb Config Tool Image of Yoke missing

Hi, I have had the Honeycomb Yoke for a while and just downloaded the new Config tool (Bravo Throttle on the way) I am able to change things but I do not get the interactive image on the left side for me to select the buttons. Have I done something wrong? does anyone have any suggestions? thanks in advance for any help.

David

• Aerosoft

Dear David,

I would suggest uninstalling the Configurator, restart your computer and reinstalling the Configurator making sure

you start the setup application as administrator.

Best regards.

Hi, I have tried uninstall and reinstall still no luck the only thing I can think of is that it makes it own P3DV5 addons folder directly in my C drive should it be installed into the P3D Addons folder in my documents?? I have also shared the folders and put an exception for the program in microsoft defender.

Thanks again for trying to help.

David

• Aerosoft

Hi,

The location  of the Configurator shouldn't prevent the image to appear.

Can you please download any profile from the

download section, load it into the

Configurator and activate it ?

I suppose you already tried to press the refresh icon

bottom left... (the one with 2 curved arrows)

Thank you.

Hi, Thanks I have tried that and tried it again still no luck. This coming week my Bravo Throttle should arrive I will see if I have any luck with that. Thanks again for your help let me know if you hear from anyone else on this.

David.

• Aerosoft

Hi David,

You can already try to load a throttle profile to check if the image appears.
The image doesn't depend on any hardware physically connected to the computer.

So as soon as a profile is loaded, the corresponding image must appear.

This maybe a silly question, but have you tried to change the size of the display ?

Please login to display this image.

What is your Windows version ?

Thank you.

Hi, Yes I have tried window sizing and profile loading and still no luck. I have also tried file exclusion through microsoft defender. If someone knows what the program uses to generate the image then I could try excluding that also.

Thanks again for trying.

David

• Aerosoft

Hi David,
Can you please make sure to start the Configurator as admin ?
(Right-Click on the icon, then "Run as administrator")

Please login to display this image.

Hi,

Still no luck, my PC setup in pretty simple I don't mess with anything other than firewall and scan exclusions in the windows defender and i have tried putting several of the honeycomb files and folders into the exclusions with no luck. I have uninstalled and reinstalled at least 3 times making sure I deleted any left over folders in all the usual places. I should get my Bravo Quadrant late Thursday afternoon (Pacific Time) I will let you know if anything happens when I hook that up. I am able to make changes to the Alpha Yoke just would be nice to have a visual reference.

Thanks again,

David

Hi, Yes I am running fully registered and updated windows 10 64bit, I have received my Bravo Throttle quadrant and uninstalled the config tool then reinstalled still no luck with an image but I am able to change things. I will check back in case you find anything new. I truly appreciate the time you have taken trying to figure this out.

David

• Aerosoft

Hi David,

You are welcome.

Two questions : 

- Are you downloading from the Aerosoft website, via the link below ?
  http://freeware.aerosoft.com/forum/downloads/AS_HONEYCOMB_P3DV5_V2.zip

- For the sake of test, would you mind installing another Configurator version
  and check if the problem is also present with this one ?
  (Don't worry, two different versions can "live" together without interfering)

Try this Xplane version (no problem if Xplane isn't installed)
  http://freeware.aerosoft.com/forum/downloads/AS_HONEYCOMB_XP11_WIN_V2.zip

Best regards.

Hi,

The xplane version seemed to work fine, I downloaded the p3d one again and reinstalled with no luck. The one thing I noticed was several files in the folder for the xplane one but the p3d only has the exe file and readme file.

hope that helps

David

• Aerosoft

Hi David,

That is normal as Xplane not being a native Windows program, it doesn't "spread" dll's across the folders.

Everything stays within the Xplane root folder.

I will pass this to one of my colleagues as, I must admit, am running out of ideas. 

We come back to you asap.

Best regards.

Archived