Simple single throttle axis joystick. Procedure to Reverse Thrust

I have a simple twist grip joystick with a single throttle axis.  The key "R" on the keyboard is set up as "Reverse Propeller Thrust" .   In the Aerosoft Otter, this key moves the Propeller Controls to Feather and Full.  If I press R often enough, the Throttle Axis will go to Reverse, but not in a controlled manner.  Any suggestions on horw to set this up?  (On the CRJ, the F2 key engages reverse thrist, which is cancelled as soon as the throttle is engaged again.)

You want to activate “hold/toggle reverse thrust” for the throttle, so moving the throttle forward activates reverse.

Another solution if you have an on-joystick throttle lever: set up the throttle 100 to -100 so from the middle and forward is normal throttle and below middle is reverse. Perhaps add a sticker or some tape to make a detent you can feel.

Actually what I have found is that the R key on the keyboard does indeed activate the reversers, plus it moves the propeller levers to feather  (which I am presuming is the correct position for reverse thrust?)

The throttle movement direction is just the same as it is normally, which is difficult to get your head round, but in this case the effect is reverse thrust.    Thanks for the suggestions above.  Much appreciated.

3 hours ago, garrybank said:

propeller levers to feather  (which I am presuming is the correct position for reverse thrust?)

I don’t know if you have a duplicate mapping to the R key, but the prop levers need to be in the full forward position for reverse thrust to work.

To test if the reverse thrust is working start at the runway, unlock the parking brake and go full reverse. The plane shouldn’t start backing up.

• Aerosoft
On 2/3/2022 at 4:20 PM, garrybank said:

Actually what I have found is that the R key on the keyboard does indeed activate the reversers, plus it moves the propeller levers to feather  (which I am presuming is the correct position for reverse thrust?)

Just go in the MSFS configuration, select the keyboard profile in use and check what function "R" is assigned too.

You can use the same function with another device.

Archived