Does my Bravo Quadrant have a hardware fault?

Hi all,

I replaced my old Saitek quadrant with the Bravo a few weeks ago - but didn't really have time to play with it until the festive period.

I've noticed a couple of strange things occurring - am wondering if anyone else here has encountered the same issue? In the profile in MSFS, the buttons above the info panel on the Bravo are set up to operate the aircraft lights. But when I'm in the sim itself, only a couple of them work (the two on the left, IIRC). The others don't seem to do anything at all. And NONE of these buttons do anything if I open the Windows 10 configuration panel for the Bravo (whereas clicking on other buttons shows an input). 

So I deleted the input completely within the MSFS controls profile editor, and tried to add them again. When I select 'scan for input' and press any of the buttons in question, it shows up but then MSFS hangs completely - none of the menus on the screen respond to mouse inputs etc, and I have to ctrl-alt-delete to get to Task Manager to exit the sim.

Am wondering if this is a driver issue, or whether my Bravo might actually have a hardware fault?

Hope someone has an idea or two!

Kind regards to all,

Discy

• Aerosoft

Dear Discy,

Not seeing the rocker switches in the Windows utility is normal as these buttons are numbered above #32 and Windows only recognize 32 buttons maximum. 

In the simulator, the assignments are fully generic. It is therefore possible that, according to the aircraft in use  some assignments don't work.

The latest sim updates have also disabled 

some functions. 

Please check this post :

Best regards.

Thanks for your reply. I'll give it a go with a fresh, blank profile. Although you seem to be suggesting that I am looking out for light switches that aren't present on the aircraft I'm flying. This isn't the case; I'm using the stock Cessna 172 but the Bravo's allocated switches for Nav and Taxi lights - which are present on that aircraft - don't work.

Equally, I'm still concerned that the entire MSFS hangs when I try to scan for an input from my Bravo.

Will report back when I've had a chance to try the blank profile, in case this thread proves useful for another user further down the line.

Kind regards to all,

Discy

• Aerosoft
On 1/1/2022 at 8:54 PM, discmeister said:

Equally, I'm still concerned that the entire MSFS hangs when I try to scan for an input from my Bravo.

Hi Discmeister,

You need to cycle the sitch ON-OFF to avoid this.

Otherwise the detection loop in MSFS still runs and prevent further operation of the simulator.

Please see this tutorial : 

Best regards.

Archived