Testing the Honeycomb Bravo Throttle trimwheel resolution

SimWare

• Aerosoft

Testing the Honeycomb Bravo Throttle trimwheel resolution.

Doesn't the trim in your aircraft react as it should when using the Honeycomb Bravo trim wheel ?

Make a basic test first to check the resolution of the wheel.

The resolution is simply the number of simulated input signals (pulse) per revolution.

The Bravo heel trigger inputs #22 and #23.

Each full rotation must trigger around 50 pulses per revolution.

Start the Windows joystick utility and very gently rotate  the wheel in both directions.

NOTE : 50 is a rough number. It is very easy to miss pulses as the density is quite high.

If needed, test it on another computer to completely rule out any software cause specific to the simulation computer.
Make sure no driver or simulation specific software is installed.

Interesting you started this topic, I got my Bravo yesterday and I've noticed the trim pulses are uneven. Nose down has half as many pulses as the nose up on my hardware, this is with turning the wheel very slowly to make sure no pulses are missed. Is this the same for all devices or just mine, looking at your video I would say its just mine so this seems like a firmware problem. I do not have any Honeycomb software installed, and my tests were done in the windows USB interface as done  in the video above above.

OK I counted a full revolution and I get approximately 48 up (CW), 24 down (CCW).

I also got my Bravo one week ago with the same issue. I returned it as defective, and received the new one today (by the way, awsome support from aerosoft!). Same issue with the new unit.

I checked the number of pulses and have the same results as you (twice the number CW than CCW). Checked with Windows 10 joystick tool, and also the events recorder of joystick gremlin.

Now let's aerosoft and honeycomb some time to manage this issue, I'm sure it'll be worked out. I just hope for everyone that it's not a hardware issue on the last batch... (defective rotary encoder)

By the meantime there are workarounds with joystick gremlin, described at the end of this thread:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/bug-logged-honeycomb-bravo-throttle-quadrant-trim-wheel-suddenly-very-insensitive-as-of-world-update-4/391153/162

I’m confident it can be fixed with a firmware update. The way encoders work it’s not possible for them to work in one direction and not the other. They just need to fix the bug in the firmware that is configured wrongly in one direction. 

I’ll temporarily fix the 24 pulse direction in Spadnext now I know it’s a common problem and just have it send two pulses instead of one. Hopefully now they know about this issue they can issue a fix at some point.

I’d also like the option to use the whole range of the axis below the detents rather than it ending in just a button press, like on the TM TCA quadrants. 

Archived