Adding Airport to Database Manually (cancelled)

drumline18

Well, I found a "license file" forbiding the reverse engineering of those navdata files.
Therefore, I have cancelled all efforts to do so and removed the information that was available in this post.

Please understand my purpose was not malicious. I just wanted to enhance the product for users of FSeconomy by simply adding historic airports to the database.

However, I would advise Aerosoft to include such license files with a more descriptive name like license.txt, not cycle_info.txt. I didn't expect anything more than AIRAC info in there.

I would like to ask AEROSOFT GmbH for written permission to continue efforts to add to the database.

I even think it could be good for Aerosoft, after all I am only making the product more attractive for players of FSeconomy, on an optional basis.

However I am not invested enough in this project to try and contact them directly or through legal means, so I hope my statement here will be enough.

• drumline18 changed the title to Adding Airport to Database Manually (cancelled)

Archived