CRJ 550 How to map the ALT Inc / Dec to joystick?

Hello, 

The ALT Inc/Dec is possibly the most difficult control to use due to the amount of twirling you need to do and the small text of the selected ALT on the PFD. Its particularly difficult using TrackIR to keep absolutely motionless as you squint with the left eye to see what the PFD says while keeping your right eye to keep your mouse on the ALT knob while twirling the scroll button! It's frankly incredibly frustrating to use, reminds me of trying to patting your head while rubbing your tummy :)

I've been able to map nearly every other AP mode and command to my joystick including the target speed however the ALT Inc/Dec seems to be different. 

I understand addons use custom code and sometimes they do not coincide with the default. Is that the case for the CRJ Alt Inc/Dec or have I missed something? If its by design all good... would it possible to provide custom key bindings so we can still map it to joystick controls? 

Butch 

Check out the hardware and controller sub-forum. There are plenty of post how to do it. You will need 3rd party software that is able to write to LVARS, e.g. spad.next or Lorbys AxisAndOhs.

Archived