"Wildly" fluctuating CRJ N1 gauges, when using Honeycomb Bravo throttles in MSFS2020

Hello to all:

I am having a frustrating issue with the new CRJ in MSFS, while trying to adjust the power settings (N1) with my Honeycomb Bravo throttles.

I have assigned the throttles correctly, as they move according to plan in the sim.  I have also set their gates, using the airplane's EFB. I have checked to make sure that no other peripherals (keyboard, mouse, Honeycomb Alpha, etc.) have throttles assigned to them.

The issue arises when I try to set the proper power settings while trying to maintain M0.74 in flight, as I monitor the airspeed and power settings, as has to be done.

For example, if I have to slightly reduce the power setting, let's say my N1 = 80% and I want to reduce to 76-77%, I barely move the Bravo throttles back (in the sim the throttles also move just a little bit) but the N1 gauges drop significantly, say to 62-63% (with the subsequent drop in airspeed) and then slowly, start to rise again, without me touching the throttles.

I am never sure how much they will drop or how high they will rise after, which makes it impossible to properly set the engine power and control the airspeed.

Does anybody have a similar behaviour? Have you managed to fix it? Could you let me know how you did it?

Thank you for any and all advice!

Regards,

Roberto

Archived