Honeycomb Bravo THrottle and configurator in FSX

Hello,

I watched the videos on the Honeycomb configurator, and the way it works is via LVars with conditions and varibles. But first you need to know the LVARS (and if they are supported at all) in your specific software (plane).

Is is there a way to program the configurator to just simply send a (series of) keystroke(s) when a button is pressed? Much like with the way FSUIPC handles joystick buttons. I tried  the configurator with the command "CUSTOM VAR" and then a letter key but apparently this does not work.

The software I use for FSX  is V3 of the PDMG 747QotS II. There is a profile for it in the Bravo throttle downloads, but that is for Prepard (P3D) only, and unfortunately not for FSX.

Thanks for your time!

Hi Ben,

Thanks for your answer.

I think it woud be highly beneficial, as there is no other way to program all the buttons as they simply do not show up (meaning not seen by the sim) in FSX. (And unfortunately neither in FSUIPC v4 that I have running in FSX).

So to my knowledge the only way to get them working (aside from the more complicated way of using VARS (if supported at all...)) is if one can assign a keypress to the buttons so the sim sees that as an input.

Another problem I rain into, is that the 747 QOTS II speedbrake handle is extending ramdomly, and it very hard (if at all) possible to stow it again with the / key. The behaviour is with or without a handle on the  throttle quadrant assigned to the spoiler axis, so it's possibly not hardware related. (deleted ALL possible axes that had any connection to the spoiler axis, stil randomly extends to flight detent, even while on the ground. (where it should go all the way to the UP (extend)  position). Tried a search here on the forum, but apparently no previous experiences like this.

• Aerosoft

Hi Martin,

I think it woud be highly beneficial, as there is no other way to program all the buttons as they simply do not show up (meaning not seen by the sim) in FSX.

And you cannot use the Configurator to assign the functions you need? I am also not entirely sure that being able to send keystrokes to FSX would help you in getting the QOTSII running, anyways.

Another problem I rain into, is that the 747 QOTS II speedbrake handle is extending ramdomly, and it very hard (if at all) possible to stow it again with the / key. The behaviour is with or without a handle on the  throttle quadrant assigned to the spoiler axis, so it's possibly not hardware related.

Maybe you can also ask about that problem in PMDGs forum, if you are 100% sure there is nothing assigned to the spoiler axis. Other than that I would adivse you to calibrate the axis in window's control panel.

Hi Ben,

Like you said the configurator does not accept keystrokes, but after some searching I found some excellent freeware called Linda, and that registers all buttons of the Bravo, and it is fully programmable.

About the spoiler axis, I solved that with a tip from the PMDG forums: connect the old Saitek throttle and re- and disassign all it's axes. Now all is wel!!

Thanks for your time and inputs! (pun intended 😉

• Aerosoft

Glad that you can go enjoy your Bravo now, Martin.

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived