Configurator error following A320 update to v1.4.2.0

kjwebb

Hello

I just purchased the A320/A321 Professional for P3D v4 (on PC-DVD) - this contains v.1.2.1.0 which I installed using the Aerosoft default installation paths.  This runs fine on my installation of P3D (v4.5.14.34698) - I am able to open the supplied configurator software and the aircraft loads OK into P3D.

However, after using the supplied ASUpdater to update the aircraft to the latest version (ASUpdater says v1.4.2.0 is installed), when I then run the configurator, it does not open and instead I get a dialog box appear with the following message:

Path not found: C:\Users\Prepar3D\Documents\Aerosoft\General\A3XX EFB\A330\assets\userdox

<Note that "Prepar3D" is the name of the computer in this instance>

Please can you advise how to overcome this error, so I can use the latest updated version of the software.

Many thanks.

Hi Mopperle

Thanks for the prompt response.

I'll get back to you later today with the details of the path exit and the output from running the supplied tool.

Kind regards

Hi Mopperle

OK, I have reinstalled A320-A321 Professional v1.2.1.0 from the PC-DVD (as I had already uninstalled the previous broken version after the last update attempt).  Then I used ASUpdater (v1.6.0) to update A320-A321 Professional to v1.4.2.0 (A/V software was disabled for both the PC-DVD re-install and the subsequent update to v1.4.2.0).

I've attached a copy of the update log - see updatelog.txt.

Also attached is the log from running ASVersion Info - see ASVersion Info log.txt

Then I started the A3XX Confgurator (running as admin). and got the same error dialog box message as I prevuously reported - see screenshot 1.jpg.

Clicking on "OK" in the error dialog box causes the dialog box to disappear and then nothing - the A3xx Configurator simply fails to start and does not display anything - all I am left with is the Windows desktop background.

Clicking on the A3XX Configurator.exe again simply results in a repeat of the above situation.

I've checked the path that the error dialog box references - there is no file or folder named "userdox" in this location - all that is present in the "...Documents\Aerosoft\General\A3XX EFB\A330\assets" folder are 2 sub-folders (one named "charts" and one named "js") - see screenshot 2.jpg.

I also compared the contents of the "...Documents\Aerosoft\General" folder before and after updating to v1.4.2.0 - the update adds 2 new folders at this location as follows:

A3XX CPDLC

A3XX EFB

Moreover, I found that if I ignore the fact that the A3XX Configurator failed start and I go into Prepar3D and try to load an updated (v1.4.2.0) A320 or A321 from the Prepar3D launch menu, I get 5 separate sound system error messages early on during the loading phase - relating to the following missing media files (see screenshot 3.jpg for example of the error message received for each media file):

ASC_Coffee0.wav

ASC_DualInput.wav

ASC_PriorityLeft.wav

ASC_PriorityRight.wav

ASC_PF_OnAuto.wav

all of which are missing from the "....Aerosoft\Aerosoft A320-A321 Professional\SimObjects\Airplanes\AerosoftA320-A321 Professional Base\Sound_ASC" folder (I have checked the location and confirmed that all 5 media files are indeed missingv from this location).

If I click on "OK" in each of these error messages, Prepar3D continues to load and I get to the final black loading screen, just before I can see the plane on the runway, but then Prepar3D CTDs.

As previously stated, I only get these problems after trying to launch the updated A320-A321 Professional v1.4.2.0 - I don't have any problems with the v1.2.1.0 installation from the PC-DVD (I completed 2 flights with the reinstalled v1.2.1.0 today before re-attempting the update again). So it seems from this that one or more of the updates is giving rise to this problem.

Also, just to confirm that I only own A320-A321 Professional for Prepar3D v4 - I don't have the A330 Professional as well.

Hope the above helps you to identify and correct the update problem with A320-A321 Professional.

Kind regards

Please login to display this image.

ASUpdater log.txt Aerosoft Version Info log_09Mar21.TXT

• Deputy Sheriffs

Some thing prevents the Bus from being correctly installed. In the folder ...\Documents\Aerosoft\General\A3XX EFB\A330\assets there many other folders missing too.

Ii is extrem unlikely that the ASUpdater delets such folders.

Also there seem s to be a general problem with your Windows installation: as I can see in the output of the ASVersionInfo Tool the complete MS Visual C++ 2019 libraries are missing.

They are instlled by Windows, so no idea what happened on your machine. You can download and install them from this site:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads-2647da03-1eea-4433-9aff-95f26a218cc0

But you might also consider a fresh install of Windows.

Additionally regarding the installtion of P3D Add-ons: Although some installers point to the documents folder, it is not recommended to install them in this place. Best solution is to create a folder outside P3D, like C:\P3D Add-ons and point the installer of the Airbus to this folder. This applies to all P3D Add-ons allowing you to choose another folder beside the one offered by the installer.

Hi Mopperle

Thanks for coming back to me so quickly.

Regarding the content of the ...\Documents\Aerosoft\General\A3XX EFB\A330\assets folder, there are indeed other folders present (see screenshot 4) - the two I mentioned in my previous e-mail are just those added by the updater (compared to what was installed from the PC-DVD version.

Please advise if the sub-folder content of the assets folder in screenshot 4 is what you would expect to see following update to v1.4.2.0.

I've installed the latest 2019 Visual C++ libraries (both x86 and x64 versions for good measure) - see new ASVersionInfo log. Does this now look right?

However, after unistalling the previous broken update and re-installing and re-updating, even with the updated MS Visual C++ libraries in place, I see exactly the same problem (v1.2.1.0 works fine installed from the PC-DVD, but after updating to v1.4.2.0 using the AS Updater, the A3XX configurator doesn't work, those same 5 media files are reported missing and Prepar3D CTDs at point of launch if the Airbus is selected).  So installing the updated MS Visual C++ libraries sadly didn't resolve the update problem.

So, next - ,as suggested - I will do a complete reinstallation of Windows 10 Home x64, using the latest Windows 10 installer downloaded from the Microsoft website.  I will ensure that all Windows updates are installed, along with all the MS Visual C++ libraries (even if I have to manually install these, as I have done on this occasion, since I'm not convinced, based on experience, that Windows 10 Home installs the latest ones automatically).  This will mean that only the updated Windows 10 and Prepar3D are installed on the PC prior to installing Aerosoft A320-A321 Professional. I will install v1.2.1.0 from the PC-DVD and verify it is working.  Then I will re-attempt updating the working v1.2.1.0 installation to v1.4.2.0. This will all be done over the next couple of days and I'll report back with the results before the weekend.

The question does of course arise as to what will Aerosoft do next if - after following your advice and doing a complete Windows 10 and Prepar3D re-installation - the same update problem persists?

For example:

1)  Since the AS Updater log shows multiple patches being applied, is there a way for Aerosoft to provide the individual patches so I can try manually patching the PC-DVD version with each individual patch, in case that it's just one of the later

patches that is causing the update problem?

Or,

2) Can you provide a download link for the latest full version of the A320-A321 Professional, so that I may try to install that (and thereby avoid any AS updater issue)?  I'll be happy to provide by personal e-mail the evidence that I'm the original

purchaser of the PC-DVD version that I own, if this is what is needed to make this happen.

Please consider these options, and any other alternative ways to resolve this issue, in the event that the Windows 10 & Prepar3D reinstallation doesn't work.

Kind regards

Aerosoft Version Info log_2.TXT

Hi Mopperle

Please ignore my comments in the post above relating to the contents of the "...\Documents\Aerosoft\General\A3XX EFB\A330\assets" folder and alsoignore screenshot 4, since this relates to the "...Documents\Aerosoft\General" folder.  That is my mistake. The "...\Documents\Aerosoft\General\A3XX EFB\A330\assets" folder does indeed contain just the 2 sub-folders "charts" and "js", as originally stated in my earlier post (before the one above).

Kind regards

• Deputy Sheriffs
9 hours ago, kjwebb said:

2) Can you provide a download link for the latest full version of the A320-A321 Professional, so that I may try to install that (and thereby avoid any AS updater issue)?  I'll be happy to provide by personal e-mail the evidence that I'm the original

purchaser of the PC-DVD version that I own, if this is what is needed to make this happen.

Go to the site below, setup an account (it is different from forum-/shop accounts) and register your DVD version with the serial you have. Then you can download the latest full installer, which of course also needs to be updated via the ASUpdater:
https://support.aerosoft.com/pages/login

Hi Mopperle

Thanks for providing this link - I have created an account and downloaded the latest full installer, which I note is v1.3.1.0.

I will install this later tonight and let you know the outcome.

Kind regards

• Deputy Sheriffs

I think running the latest full installer from download and then the updater will solve your problem.

The updater is designed to go on from latest full installer. So if source is an older version some files might be missing.

Also in this case the installer should advice you to install latest downloadable installer and refuse installing updates. A updater bug/config error.

Hi

Pleased to report that running the latest full installer (v.1.3.1.0 ) solved the problem, as suggested.

Many thanks for all the help.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived