Navaids ID differ between ND and RADIO NAV page

tobi6a

Hi all

I observed a strange behaviour in showing VOR ID's between PFD and RADIO NAV page in the MCDU.

My current Nav database is AIRAC 2013 NavDataPro (No Navigraph data in "C:\Users\...\Dokumente\Aerosoft\General\A3XX Navigraph"

Home Airport is EDDM, Standard VOR 1 setting is OTT. Which is correct!

For VOR 2 I set OTT manully as well. 

On the  ND bottom left, right and top left the old VOR ID MUN show up! DFS changed MUN to OTT some time ago!

Additionally when setting VOR1/2 on MCDU RADIO NAV an underlined "M" on ND show up as well next to VOR1/2 ID's!

From which data source gets ND the VOR ID's? And from where is this underlined M coming from?

Viele Grüße / Best regrads

Tobias

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hello Tobias,

The underlined M on the Navigation Display means that the station has been tuned manually on the FMGS.

About the second issue where you have different station identifiers. FMGS is looking for the identifier from the AIRAC cycle but the aircraft itself tunes to that frequency and finds the actual navaid from the simulator with that frequency and then decodes the name that it's transmitting. So in this case, I think that the simulator's navaid names themselves are simply out of date since the AIRAC cycle doesn't update the navaids itself for the sim. It just updates the database for the aircraft.

Perhaps this website can get you started updating the Navaids itself in your sim: https://www.aero.sors.fr/navaids3.html

Hi!

Thanks for the tip on updating navaids by "https://www.aero.sors.fr/navaids3.html" !!

This solved the issue! Sim DB and Aircraft DB are now in sync again. I was not aware that sim and aircraft are using different data sources.... Which would mean updating only an AIRAC cycle for aircraft, EFB is not sufficient.

Best regards

Tobias

Archived