Twotter active and sby frequencies

trisager

Hi,

A small error (I think) in what is otherwise a very nice model:

When I dial a new com or nav frequency on the Bendix King radio, the currently active frequency is modified directly instead of the standby frequency. (So if I want to enter a standby frequency, I first have to switch the active frequency to standby, dial the new, and then swap back.)

Tom

Thats because You are in "direct tune mode".

The Bendix King radios as simulated in the twotter are much more realistic than the default ones.

If You move the mouse over the midst of the freq. select knobs it will become a hand symbol. Press the mid oof the inner knob and You will be able to push it in or out.

Doing so, will toggle between direct tune mode and the normal tune mode (as on the MS default readios).

Please consult the manual for the NAV/COM radios in the user manual supplied with the twotter.

Wothan

Thats because You are in "direct tune mode".

The Bendix King radios as simulated in the twotter are much more realistic than the default ones.

If You move the mouse over the midst of the freq. select knobs it will become a hand symbol. Press the mid oof the inner knob and You will be able to push it in or out.

Doing so, will toggle between direct tune mode and the normal tune mode (as on the MS default readios).

Please consult the manual for the NAV/COM radios in the user manual supplied with the twotter.

Wothan

The OP is correct, at least for me. It doesnt matter if the button is in or out, it still only tunes the left nav freq, and the comm button doesnt move at all. I just got this plane today so I am still feeling it out, but I have found numerous 'glitches' that I am going to post about when I get a bit more time in the plane. ( And yes, I've read the manual :-)

• Aerosoft
Thanks, I did read the manual, and I'm not in direct tune mode. In normal mode the dials change the active frequency, not the standby.

Tom

There is an issue in the aircraft.cfg file that caused this issue. we'll include this in the update of course, but if you like to have it now, replace the radio sections with this:

[RADIOS]

Audio.1 = 1

Com.1 = 1, 1

Com.2 = 1, 1

Nav.1 = 1, 1, 1

Nav.2 = 1, 1, 1

Adf.1 = 1

Adf.2 = 1

Transponder.1 = 1

Marker.1 = 1

The red digit is a 0 in your copy.

• Aerosoft

There is an issue in the aircraft.cfg file that caused this issue. we'll include this in the update of course, but if you like to have it now, replace the radio sections with this:

[RADIOS]

Audio.1 = 1

Com.1 = 1, 1

Com.2 = 1, 1

Nav.1 = 1, 1, 1

Nav.2 = 1, 1, 1

Adf.1 = 1

Adf.2 = 1

Transponder.1 = 1

Marker.1 = 1

The red digit is a 0 in your copy.

Hold it, Mathijs... that solves the issue for the advanced radios, but disables the old style. If we can't solve this by tweaking the old style radios we need to split the 300 folder into two separate ones.