FSMap - Navigraph?

Egbert Drenth

Hi

I use Navigraph pretty much exclusively for approach charts outside of the UK. The Lat/Lon references are extremely accurate in my experience. Obviously they are not free, but you do get a complete set of airport charts for pennies. Very good value I think.

Obviously their conversion for use in FSM is an issue. I'm afraid I don't have an instant conversion kit. I do it the tedious way - print out the charts I want then scan 'em in and save as Tif files. The result is not crystal clear but eminently useable.

Bern

Another way is to use a virtual image printer driver, which converts the Navigraph charts to JPG or TIF.

Regards

Thomas

Perhaps it would be very useful to provide us with a link for a freeware virtual image printer driver which fulfills that task...

Thanks

Christian

PS: I found out that PDFCreator seems to be a pretty good and easy tool to convert PDF into jpeg/bmp. It also works as a virtual printer driver (even under Vista) and importing a Navigraph approach chart into FSMap was pretty easy. No problems with calibration or anything at all.

Nevertheless it is much work to import and calibrate all those charts. An automatic process would be highly appreciated.

What about a collaboration of Navigraph and FSMap?

• Aerosoft

Nevertheless it is much work to import and calibrate all those charts. An automatic process would be highly appreciated.

If it would be possible we would certainly have done it. But in the end it's a bitmap and FSMap needs to know the locations of some element and projection type of the map. There just is no way around that. It's basically the same process you need to do with any charting tool, or the many GPS tools that are available.