A330 cruise speed and altitude issues

Hi,

Looking for a little help. I d/l the new A330 update 1.0.1.0. I am running P3d 4.5 HF3, Activesky, etc... Love the plane a lot!

On my last 2 recent flights at cruise alt & with autopilot flying the plane, I have noticed it speeds up to M0.89 (from M0.82), and climbs from cruise alt (FL370 and FL390 on my flights) to FL400 on its own....

I have to deactivate the autopilot and throttle back to slow down and enter into a manual descent to get back to original speed and alt. 

Anyone else had/or notice this issue? I have not experienced this on any of the previous updates. 

Thanks!

Gary

36 minutes ago, gjprice92 said:

Hi,

Looking for a little help. I d/l the new A330 update 1.0.1.0. I am running P3d 4.5 HF3, Activesky, etc... Love the plane a lot!

On my last 2 recent flights at cruise alt & with autopilot flying the plane, I have noticed it speeds up to M0.89 (from M0.82), and climbs from cruise alt (FL370 and FL390 on my flights) to FL400 on its own....

I have to deactivate the autopilot and throttle back to slow down and enter into a manual descent to get back to original speed and alt. 

Anyone else had/or notice this issue? I have not experienced this on any of the previous updates. 

Thanks!

Gary

There are about 40 posts in the forums about this.  If you watch, you'll notice the A/THR going into Alpha Floor, then Toga Lock, followed by the climb to FL400.  This often occurs with ActiveSky and errant temperatures.

The pilot corrective action is the same in real life - use Selected Mode to stabilize the aircraft and after a short time you can try using Managed Speed again.

Best wishes.

Archived